JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you have something that relates to ITAR, you pretty much are going to know. Where I could see is rearing it's head here in the states is selling something like a ACOG, EOTech or NV to someone who is a not a US citizen and is here temporarily.

It's not just NV or Arms, ( I do believe ) it's any sales item that does or has ever had an NSN # attached to it, falls under ITAR exportation Regulation .

Just because something has an NSN doesn't mean it will fall under ITAR. This issue was blown way out of proportion on the internet when youtube gun channels claimed Obama was going to arrest you for posting glock take down videos. Its very specific to defense related equipment. If you are a veteran you know these to be sensitive items. NVG's, Sights, Radios, comsec keys. ITAR in general makes it illegal to disclose the manufacture or break down of such items and the illegal sales of these types of equipment. YES these items have NSN numbers but so do a LOT of other items.

this is the NSN number for a PONCHO liner 8405-01-547-2558.

This also applies to private sector that researches military funded projects. ITAR makes it illegal for them to sell the physical devices or the know how to foreign powers. Laws i'm happy we have in place.

This has also in rare occasions been used on emerging technology that has the potential to be a defense threat/breakthrough. A few years ago a designer came up with some active camoflague ala predator and the government funded his research but deemed it unavailable for civilians and became an ITAR program. The primary reason why this was brought back up my OBAMA had to do with the guys from defense distributed. They were releasing documents on how to make those 3d printed guns and the government is trying to claim this is an ITAR technology.

Last Edited:
Many tactical tailor pouches also have a recognized nsn. Our supply sergeant was the best. He used to order all kinds of cool stuff for us.

The country wanted a communist dictatorship and they got it. The country bubblegum in their own mess kit and now it is up to them to eat it. The anti's feel they have won a victory but they haven't seen what is in store once the commies run out of gun owners. Then they go after another interest group. Religion, who knows? What happened in 1939 Europe when they ran out of Hebrews? Ask what few G.I.'s that are still alive that liberated the camps.

The country wanted a communist dictatorship and they got it. The country bubblegum in their own mess kit and now it is up to them to eat it. The anti's feel they have won a victory but they haven't seen what is in store once the commies run out of gun owners. Then they go after another interest group. Religion, who knows? What happened in 1939 Europe when they ran out of Hebrews? Ask what few G.I.'s that are still alive that liberated the camps.

Unlike a lot of gun owners I don't perceive firearms as deadly or as powerful as information. Hackers, members of the EFF do far more to keep people free than any militia or armed society. The reality is that unfiltered information is far more important to a free society than an armed society, especially in a democracy. George Bush Jr did far more to empower government agencies to manipulate and censor information than the Obama administration ever did. The real crime with these clowns in the last 14 years is that that same censorship initiated in 2002 has remained changed.

Or we can thank George Bush's appointees for supreme court damaged America with the Citizens United decision. Which allowed corporations to be identified as individuals and thus can legally donate unlimited amounts of campaign funds to political parties through super PAC's. I don't see America being threatened by communism, it's being threatened by facism. Take the last presidential elections. More campaign financing was raised by both parties in the last election than any presidential election in US history combined. Including accounting for inflation. Now the greatest tool to leverage a politician is simple... Don't vote for our agenda and we supply our entire unlimited funding stream to your opponent. When before the total amount was capped.

If the ATF and FBI can't keep Dylan Roof from getting a gun or track down the latest local Muslim D'Bag bent on shooting Americans, my guess is they will have a hard time actually finding the time to come on by and check to see if the Hispanic guy who buys my night vision scope plans on taking it back to Juarez when he visits for Christmas next year.

Not high on my list of shizznit to worry about.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top