Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

It just got real...interview coming up in Cali!?!?!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Brutus57, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I have been in the process of looking into a job in Norcal over the past month. Big pay raise and close to my wife's parents who are going down hill fast. Looks like a great job (except it's Cali, right?) and real estate is cheap. I go down in about a week as one of two finalists.o_O So I have been reading up on laws and looking at the stuff I can't take and what an abortion I have to turn an AR in to....Has me seriously thinking M1A scout....but, that's not my question. Question is for folks who live in NorCal, are EBR pistols illegal? I understand the fixed stock on an AR and no pistol grip so I have been looking at those ungodly accessories. Is it as bloody awful as it looks for firearm owners?:mad: AND what's the drill for getting a CC in Cali? Good news is it looks like the sheriff of the area is strong 2A. It goes against my grain but my wife's parents are important and it'll definitely help the old retirement in several years. Thanks!

Brutus Out

2. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If you decide to move down to California, I've got an original dedicated California special 10 rd Bushmaster mag that I will give to you as a moving away gift.
    If can't be taken apart, so that right there tells you what you're getting into.

3. Brutus57

Thanks:oops:I may actually take you up on that, because I currently have to hand feed every round in to my EBR, I have no other mags.... Do I need to put a bullet button on as well?

It's looking more and more likely. Don't know what my job competition is but so far they seem pretty impressed and the in laws and wife are ecstatic. Sounds like a great vets museum in the area so there will be others to suffer in not so silence with.

Brutus Out

4. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Her parents should move.

5. jbett98

Bullet Buttons are required.
    I would buy some of these for the bottom of your 10 rd mags.
    Guerrilla Grip with bullet button release tool.

s-l225.jpg

Brutus57 and spookshack like this.
  6. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

What part of Cali?

Yeah I don't think any amount of money could get me to move there. With the price of houses, taxes, car registration, etc, etc the money may dwindle fast.
    There's a reason Commifornian's are migrating to oregon.

I would buy a bigger safe, keep it locked up with your current goodies and tell no one what you have. They will just collect dust, but then you don't have to worry about selling what you can't take, and/or buying again when you move back.
    Or get environment proof bags, and a underground storage container and bury in your crawl space.

Don't ask, don't tell. And come back with a warrant.

Lilhigbee, PaulB47, Dyjital and 3 others like this.
  7. clearconscience

Just keep this little magnet in your pocket

Sgt Nambu and Brutus57 like this.
  8. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Apparently there is a place in southern oregon to store guns. I met a guy in Sequim from Chico? I believe that stored his guns that weren't CA compliant up there. I guess there is places in Nevada also for this
    So 10 round mags for everyone( this includes those pesky tube fed 22s that hold too many
    Check on threaded barrels. I was going to send a SR22 to my grandson and my kid said OH NO:eek: that's illegal down here.
    But he hasn't said anything about that stupid stock for the ARs. Not sure if that's law yet or not
    CC is like Oregon as far as each sheriff having say. And I have heard of folks up north having them
    Personally,I would move the parents to Skagit County instead:D

9. clearconscience

Don't the AR stocks have to be fixed?
    And not adjustable

10. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Sorry to hear that. I would not move to california for triple in pay. Just like if I had to move to a country that banned bacon. Nope, never going to happen.

11. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Ill hold onto your "banned" firearms until you come back. :cool:

CHLChris, mjbskwim and Brutus57 like this.
  12. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Brutus
    My thinking
    Live small, bank the extra bux, make the wife happy and visit the folks.
    Store your bad guns in Medford, Ashland, Reno or with friends in gun travel crates (dessicant).
    Purchase the guns you need-want in Cali.
    New Cali Residents and firearms

Dyjital, Brutus57 and ZA_Survivalist like this.
  13. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I wonder if that would be a good business. Have a firearm storage system in a good state. get an FFL, have people ship you their firearms for long term storage while they live in a crap state or go out of country for a while. sell off the firearms when they dont pay

14. ZA_Survivalist

I could have sworn I saw something like that 2-3 years ago.
    Some kind of dedicated firearms storage.

Brutus57 likes this.
  15. jbett98

I've heard that storage unit auctions around military bases can have some interesting items in them.

16. ZA_Survivalist

I agree, make some big cash while you can but dont sell off those awesome firearms to comply with Kalifornia. Leave them in storage or with friends and family then in a year (or years) pick them up and enjoy freedom again! Haha.

etrain16 and spookshack like this.
  17. clearconscience

But don't forget you need the do a BGC for every firearm taken into possession.

18. Brutus57

I agree, but that's not happening. My goal is 5-7 years in hell then it's S Or. or ID.
    Both my folks are gone so I totally get where she's coming from. I am also familiar with the area as we go down at least 10 days a year. If they offer me the position I'll just have to embrace the suck.:mad:
    Brutus Out

19. Brutus57

Yes, I am OK with putting a Magpul FCS on vs my STR, I use full extension cause of my height anyway. The stupid pistol grip law is asinine. I will probably store the SKS since I'd have to buy a new stock for it!

No two ways about it, it's big ol, steamin' $h!t sandwich if it happens.

Brutus Out

Sgt Nambu and clearconscience like this.
  20. Brutus57

If I buy one there a BGC obviously, the reg. form looks like they will search the serial numbers of all I take. Most of my guns were bought or gifts from friends/relatives (I have less than all my fingers and toes, total collection) 15 to 25 years ago before all the bubble gum started. I trusted the sellers (acquaintances and relatives) at the time but also am not keen that one might pop up with questionable provenance. Is there a database out there to check old serial numbers? I mean I got a couple that are over 60 years old. No NFA items, either. I have a clean record and want to keep it that way.

Brutus Out

Sgt Nambu likes this.