JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I order a car part on May 6th online. The website was said to be in stock and ready to ship out. I got busy and forgot about my order until the 12th on which I emailed them and asked where my item was. They then told me that they ordered that part for their stocking order 1-2 weeks prior to me ordering it and they should have it in hand and ready to ship out within another 1.5 to 2 weeks.. Ok I am not in a rush so fine. Its suddenly the 26th and I have yet to get any word from them so I message them back and they say its going to be at least another 2 weeks before they get it in stock. I say I am not waiting that long, the part was listed as in stock and ready to ship I have waited 3 weeks already and got nothing just cancel my order. And they agreed to cancel my order and said they would send me a conformation when completed. The last 3 days I have followed up with them because I have yet to get a cancel conformation or a refund, when I follow up they start they are working on it and will get back to me ASAP.

Starting to sound sketchy. I already ordered the part from another company and its on the way already but currently this first company has my $160.

So that being said I requested to cancel my order 3 days ago and they agreed to do it and they can not confirm that my order is even canceled yet, and they have not produced a refund.

I am worried they are holding my money in hopes to get the part and get it shipped to me before the cancellation is processed. Which would be bad since I already ordered elsewhere and its on the way already.

Any advice on how to proceed? I also paid via PayPal for this. At what point would you file a PayPal dispute due to this company making excuses to fully cancel my order??

Just reverse the charge with your credit card. I give them a few chances to make it right then reverse it. They get hit with a fee from the credit card company as well. most credit cards have online dispute processes. Usually click a button, write what happened and watch it get credited.

Very few auto parts I am willing to try to save a couple bucks on by ordering on line.
Too many chances of needing a return.I want to be able to walk into the store to talk to someone.

I buy a TON of parts on line from vendors like Jeg's, Summit Racing, Rock Auto, and several corvette specialty houses, usually problem free. On the few occasions that I had a problem they were resolved quickly and to my satisfaction.
The "contact your credit card company immediately " is the best advise, this gets the vendors attention.
PayPal can be asssholes at times so you're better off to get your dispute in ASAP.

The seller was THMotorsports.com I was buying some parts that you can not just go down to Autozone and order, they were more higher end harder to get parts. I had ordered from them once in the past without issue and I am not sure what the deal is now. I also looked online and due to it being PayPal it was recommended I open a dispute, so I did just that. I also emailed the company one last time stating I opened a dispute with them and wanted it sorted out ASAP.

Now the question is how long do I wait before escalating it to a full on claim against them, which is when PayPal decides who is right and who is wrong.. And if that doesn't work

The seller was THMotorsports.com ...

Now the question is how long do I wait before escalating it to a full on claim against them, which is when PayPal decides who is right and who is wrong.. And if that doesn't work

Thanks for that info.

MY EXPERIENCE with Pay Pal is once a complaint has been filed against you, they suspend all payments GOING to you until the complaint has been settled.

So it is in the best interest of the business (whoever has been complained ABOUT) to resolve the issue quickly.

Is that still the case, those of you who still use PP?

I tried to contact them again yesterday without luck. This morning I escalated my dispute to a claim against THMotorsports. Winch is basically a credit card charge back but though Paypal. So now I need to wait for PayPal to review my case.

Which worries me because the longer it takes the longer I am out my money, but not only that is that it gives the seller more time to get their act together and ship me something after I have already asked multiple times for my order to be canceled. I do not want to do business with the company and I want to make sure this gets resolved ASAP so they do not make a single dollar off me!!

[QUOTE="cbzdel, post: 1280318, member: 5851" I do not want to do business with the company and I want to make sure this gets resolved ASAP so they do not make a single dollar off me!![/QUOTE]

I don't know all the details, but you may want to inform them that you have named them on line as someone to avoid, and will delete that information when and if this is resolved.........:cool:

cbzdel,I appreciate you posting this.It makes me feel better since most people I talk to think I'm weird for not ordering everything on line.
So isn't there any speed shops around that can get the parts for you? Or their mark up too much?
Can't believe between Seattle and well,Seattle gets most of it's parts from Portland warehouses
Seems there would be a 'guy' around
Hope you resolve this issue

I just looked at their web sight and half of the staff appears to be on meth, on the other hand they do have some good prices on racing parts.

Well I just got a responce from PayPal this monring, THMotorsports gave them a tracking number and said cancel the claim look we shipped it out. Though it shipped today.. Really??!!

I then got a email from them directly that stated we realized you cancelled your order but we did not get it canceled in time before it shipped out. Just go ahead and refuse the delivery of the package and when we get it back will refund you.

So now PayPal is ending the claim and saying all is good because they have a tracking number that shows the company actually sent me my goods.

I am not sure what I want to do at this point, I do not want to do business with this company, but have a feeling if I refuse delivery of the package its going to come back and bite me in the bubblegum some how.

Any advice?

If you receive the package in good condition, accept it.

Go on with life.

If you refuse doing business with them, and return the package, they probably won't go out of business.

You will just pro-long a PITA transaction.

Be certain to let everyone know any time you get the chance, what your experience with them was.

I THINK you said you ordered elsewhere....contact them, explain the situation IN DETAIL, and if they have already shipped, ask if you can return the item(s).

Enjoy the rest of your life, and install the parts....:D:D:cool::cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads