JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seems silly to me. Might fun for a New Year celebration, but seems like all you're doing is giving up your location in an HD situation. Are you just using these to "distract" the thief from robbing you and allowing him/her to focus on shooting you with real bullets?

1617782313998.png

"home defender" is rather misleading. i can't imagine anyone with a shotgun would think these are defense rounds for humans.
more likely to scare off a bear, something non-lethal on the critter.

Personally me? If I was willing to point a shotgun at a creature, 2 legged or 4 legged I would use real ammo. There are a lot of people who for one reason or another do not want to do this :s0092:. So I guess someone must be buying these. No doubt the damn things would send a LOT of scum running crapping their pants if you fired off one or two. Not for me but who knows, they might actually save someone's bacon who just can't bring themselves to shoot someone or something.

I suppose if a couple undesirables are putzing around in a someone's back yard, and he lived in a populated area, a couple these fired off out of the window might scatter the trespassers without any accidental injuries to innocents. But I'm with @Alexx1401, I'd just as soon use actual rounds in case they fire back...

Something to consider with using these rounds for self defense against a person....

Is that other person , may have a gun , that is loaded with cartridges , that actually fire bullets.
And he may have no qualms about shooting you.

I would think that rounds like the ones in the OP , might useful for scaring off birds and other pests from farm fields , crops , orchards and the like....but not so useful for self- defense.
Andy

In AZ, at certain times of the year, a lot of the agricultural areas sound like a trap and skeet club... ALL DAY.
I would think that rounds like the ones in the OP , might useful for scaring off birds and other pests from farm fields , crops , orchards and the like....
... yup. Birds and critters LOVE young melons and will ruin a crop in short order before the skin develops. Farm hands fire shotguns to keep the birds offa da melons.

With the amount of rounds expended in this endeavor, l would imagine low-powered (but NOISY) shotless handloads... factory blanks would get real expensive.

Last Edited:
A lot of farmers use propane cannons like they use for avalanche control on the ski slopes. Back in the day we'd play with these: https://www.suttonag.com/shell_crackers.html

I live south of PDX and we can hear their propane cannons from time to time. But in this hood you can hear gun shots from time to time to. The new flavor of potland and all.....

Last Edited:
I could imagine.........

Say......that YOU as the Home Owner was to fire off one of those (or say a warning shot).

The "Thief" thinks that deadly force is being used against him/her. The thief is maybe thinking that YOU have just done an illegal act trying to kill him over a "minor theft/burglary". It was YOU who raised the stakes in this "game". So, the thief responds with deadly force.

Yeah.....you get dead. And, the thief/burglar is seen as just protecting his own life. Imagine.....Self Defense for the shooting/death of YOU the homeowner. But maybe, probation over the theft/burglary conviction. Justice. Especially considering.......well......."What color are YOU vs. the other guy?"

Aloha, Mark

In AZ, at certain times of the year, a lot of the agricultural areas sound like a trap and skeet club... ALL DAY.

... yup. Birds and critters LOVE young melons and will ruin a crop in short order before the skin develops. Farm hands fire shotguns to keep the birds offa da melons.

With the amount of rounds expended in this endeavor, l would imagine low-powered (but NOISY) shotless handloads... factory blanks would get real expensive.
As a kid we used to sneak around the farms and ranches near Williams AFB at night... One time we were in a watermelon field when shots rang out, the shot felt like rain falling.

We used to drag race behind this farmers field after midnight. He'd come running out with what everyone yelled was rock salt. I never hung around to verify.

As a kid we used to sneak around the farms and ranches near Williams AFB at night... One time we were in a watermelon field when shots rang out, the shot felt like rain falling.
I lived in Goodyear for about 20 yrs, back when Goodyear, Avondale, Tolleson, and Buckeye where the boonies (80s-90s). Luke AFB was close enough that l could watch the jets come and go.
The place l was thinking of specifically was Salome... LITERALLY in the middle of nowhere. I just didn't mention the town name because it's so obscure only another AZ boy would even have a chance of recognizing it.
I had some great times roaming around that desert, sometimes for days. No cell phone, just a .22, a .44 SBH, some Marine Corps surplus gear that followed me home, and my old Scout ll. Even found some gold while panning up in Yavapai county... but not enough to cash in. I had birdshot rained on me a couple of times up there from old prospectors who didn't like me in their patch. Messege sent and recieved.

Last Edited:
Kent, Pro Trial Field Blanks $14.99 / 25 rounds. Used for training your of your bird dog. Or shooting the sky on the Fourth of July! If you feel the need for a 'warning' shot, get some rubber pellet loads.
$2.60 per round times 25 = $65/box, I'll sell a box of 25 for half that. Sorry no shipping!

Also:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class