JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought this 1894c in either 2008 or 2009. It was bought online, new in the box. It's serial number starts with 92, so I assume it was made in 2008. Once I learned about the JM stamp, I checked, didn't see it, and never thought about it again, because the rifle shoots well, and has a good fit and finish, so I never cared one way or the other. However, I had it out today and the light caught it just the right way and I thought it looked like a lightly stamped, impartial JM. It's in the right place, and from what I understand, the Remlins have REP stamped on them, and the serial numbers start with letters rather than numbers. So, is this actually a JM model then?

0421181759a.jpg 0421181759.jpg

None of the Marlins I had before the boating accident were even close to perfectly and completely stamped. I have never seen one with the entire oval, though I would think that would be at least improbable to strike on a thin cylindrical barrel. That sure looks like it could be but it's not the best pic. Here's the most complete one I found on Bing for you to compare...

yqqR154.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top