JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought this 1894c in either 2008 or 2009. It was bought online, new in the box. It's serial number starts with 92, so I assume it was made in 2008. Once I learned about the JM stamp, I checked, didn't see it, and never thought about it again, because the rifle shoots well, and has a good fit and finish, so I never cared one way or the other. However, I had it out today and the light caught it just the right way and I thought it looked like a lightly stamped, impartial JM. It's in the right place, and from what I understand, the Remlins have REP stamped on them, and the serial numbers start with letters rather than numbers. So, is this actually a JM model then?

0421181759a.jpg 0421181759.jpg

None of the Marlins I had before the boating accident were even close to perfectly and completely stamped. I have never seen one with the entire oval, though I would think that would be at least improbable to strike on a thin cylindrical barrel. That sure looks like it could be but it's not the best pic. Here's the most complete one I found on Bing for you to compare...

yqqR154.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads