JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've owned a Smith and Wesson Model 645 for a number of years. I disabled the "Magazine Safety???" as well as the "Hammer Drop" portion of the Thumb Safety plus did a "Full Blown" Trigger Tune-up. It now shoots the way I think it should. Oh ya, I also installed a Fully Adjustable Rear Sight from a Smith and Wesson Model 41.

It's a bit heavy but replacing the 230gr. Federal HydraShoks with Liberty Ammunition Company, 78gr. Monolithic Nickel Plated Copper HPs did reduce the overall weight a fair amount. And, I KNOW they DO work - that also counts for something!:s0038:

I trained with a buddy last Wed and he let me shoot his Sig P229... I am used to shooting 1911s or Glock, Ruger SR9c, revolver DA... I hated the P229 trigger. LOL, it's all a matter of personal choice. None is better than another except to the individual shooter's preference.

The whole purpose of what? Jerry Miculek seems to hit the target pretty fast and accurately.. shooting DA with a revolver.

Silly person, that is using his highly tricked out revolver.

Thank you - I should have looked deeper - I did not know it was available in .45 ACP and I did not know that in .45 ACP they offered the extended mags. So yes, it would seem to be the answer. I will have to did into that more.

Keep in mind that 14 rounder is a big mag. It's certainly big to try and conceal if it's in the gun and it's big just being on your belt. But it's chock full of 45 caliber-y goodness if you figure out how to carry it. :)

Keep in mind that 14 rounder is a big mag. It's certainly big to try and conceal if it's in the gun and it's big just being on your belt. But it's chock full of 45 caliber-y goodness if you figure out how to carry it. :)

Agreed. This would be something I would carry in a chest/shoulder rig, and as a combat handgun as a backup to a combat rifle. Not that I will ever be in combat, but we all have our excuses we tell ourselves to buy another gun right? I have a G21 but I do not like the ergos or the trigger. I do like my P229 but I want a .45 ACP SIG and I don't mind that it would be large. I would probably get one of the 'tac ops' models but with a threaded barrel.

The way my 645 now works is that I can carry it cocked&locked with a nice 3lb. SA Trigger or with the safety off with a fairly short DA trigger pull of about 5lb. But no useless magazine disconnector.

Thank you - I should have looked deeper - I did not know it was available in .45 ACP and I did not know that in .45 ACP they offered the extended mags. So yes, it would seem to be the answer. I will have to did into that more.

The 10 round mag in my Sig p220 carry .45 is still very concealable in an IWB. Just make sure your shirt will cover it well. Normally 3:00ish is very comfy. Leather or sturdy ballistic nylon IWBs work best for me. Kydex IWB is a challenge with this set up. Happy lookin'.

I have several striker fired pistols and I have never liked their triggers - always feels like it is increasing the effort to pull the trigger the closer I get to release and it feels squishy. I have had dreams where I pull the trigger and pull and pull and pull and never get to release before it bottoms out.

I really like the DA/SA on my SIG. I would like to get a SIG hi-cap .45 ACP like the P320, but it is striker fired (never tried a striker fired SIG though).

Are there striker fired pistols with triggers that feel more like a conventional trigger?

For what it's worth to you, I have two Sig 229s. One with the stock trigger and one with the short reset trigger. I also bought a Sig320, and I have found that 320 trigger feel comes in somewhere in between the Short Reset Trigger and the Stock. All shots with the 320 have the same feel to me. (might just be me). It feels smooth across the pull, no squishy-ness.

I would go try one if you have the opportunity.

Um...ok...I'll ask the dumb and obvious question...so why not just carry a Sig if you like the trigger so much?

In other news, an M&P with an Apex Forward Set Sear/Flat Faced Trigger is a thing of beauty. It's as close as I've found...so far...to a 1911 "style" feel in a non 1911 gun. To be clear, it's absolutely not a 1911 trigger. But it's pretty good IMO. YMMV
That's really the issue, nothing is like a 1911 trigger, that's why people love them! They really do spoil a person. Crisp and bang. There is no substitute!! BUT I carry a skinny Glock, because I get tired of pulling up my pants! Except when I'm in the woods, then it's the 1911 regardless.

It seems like you've discovered the .45 acp DA/SA Sig that you were looking for. I just want to mention that Smith teamed up with Walther at one point and licensed the P99 AS to create the SW99 and made it in .45 acp with a 12+1 capacity. That's the only striker fired DA/SA that I know of. I love the P99 and have 3. They're 4" barrel guns (3.5" compact), great trigger, great reset and I love paddle mag releases.
Cheers! ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads