JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have several striker fired pistols and I have never liked their triggers - always feels like it is increasing the effort to pull the trigger the closer I get to release and it feels squishy. I have had dreams where I pull the trigger and pull and pull and pull and never get to release before it bottoms out.

I really like the DA/SA on my SIG. I would like to get a SIG hi-cap .45 ACP like the P320, but it is striker fired (never tried a striker fired SIG though).

Are there striker fired pistols with triggers that feel more like a conventional trigger?

I really like my HK VP9 which is my only striker fired pistol. The rest of my pistols are all DA/SA. I sleep with a DA/SA pistol since have a bedside holster that fits on my bed frame. The bedside holster is a tight fit with my weapon light, and I am afraid of my striker fired pistol going off in the middle of the night. If I did not have a light on my gun then I would be fine with a striker fired handgun in my bedside holster.

Amazon.com : Blackhawk Bedside Holster-Ambidextrous : Gun Holsters : Sports & Outdoors

I think you have to look at like this....
Is the striker fully cocked when the weapon is ready ?
I have a PPS-M2 and it is "partially cocked" when ready.
That trigger is about 6 pounds and it's not bad.

Supposedly some of the XD's are fully cocked when ready.

The Walther PPQ-M2 and the CZ P10 are supposed to have some of the best striker-fire triggers on the market.
I don't know what state the striker is in when the weapon is ready.

I have shot a lot of Glocks and one Kahr. One Glock had a 3 pound trigger. They all felt "squishy". It isn't so much the weight of the trigger, it is the nature of it. I just do not care for the feel compared to a DA/SA or SA trigger.

I have shot a lot of Glocks and one Kahr. One Glock had a 3 pound trigger. They all felt "squishy". It isn't so much the weight of the trigger, it is the nature of it. I just do not care for the feel compared to a DA/SA or SA trigger.
Like I said, if you have to work the spring from a half-cock condition vs just cutting it loose from a full-cock condition, then there would be a difference in feel I would think.

Kahrs. They have a clean break like a single action. The reset is like a DA revolver with no stacking. The triggers are nice and light but I don't like Kahrs. Having a long DA trigger in a pistol is pointless, it defeats the whole purpose.
Yes, Kahrs. I've had my CW45 for about four years now. It's my EDC.

I think you have to look at like this....
Is the striker fully cocked when the weapon is ready ?
I have a PPS-M2 and it is "partially cocked" when ready.
That trigger is about 6 pounds and it's not bad.

Supposedly some of the XD's are fully cocked when ready.

The Walther PPQ-M2 and the CZ P10 are supposed to have some of the best striker-fire triggers on the market.
I don't know what state the striker is in when the weapon is ready.

I have an XD40SC and I used to use that for my bedside gun with a light in the past. You have depress the safety on the grip as well to make it fire. I actually carried the XD40SC when I was riding my bike regularly some years back.

I have several striker fired pistols and I have never liked their triggers - always feels like it is increasing the effort to pull the trigger the closer I get to release and it feels squishy. I have had dreams where I pull the trigger and pull and pull and pull and never get to release before it bottoms out.

I really like the DA/SA on my SIG. I would like to get a SIG hi-cap .45 ACP like the P320, but it is striker fired (never tried a striker fired SIG though).

Are there striker fired pistols with triggers that feel more like a conventional trigger?

I really like my 10 round Sig mag in my p220 .45acp. Maybe that could successfully address your search?

Um...ok...I'll ask the dumb and obvious question...so why not just carry a Sig if you like the trigger so much?

In other news, an M&P with an Apex Forward Set Sear/Flat Faced Trigger is a thing of beauty. It's as close as I've found...so far...to a 1911 "style" feel in a non 1911 gun. To be clear, it's absolutely not a 1911 trigger. But it's pretty good IMO. YMMV

Um...ok...I'll ask the dumb and obvious question...so why not just carry a Sig if you like the trigger so much?

In other news, an M&P with an Apex Forward Set Sear/Flat Faced Trigger is a thing of beauty. It's as close as I've found...so far...to a 1911 "style" feel in a non 1911 gun. To be clear, it's absolutely not a 1911 trigger. But it's pretty good IMO. YMMV

Not all SIGs are DA/SA. I don't have a SIG in .45, but I really really like the ergos and trigger on my P229. I would like a different hi-cap .45 than a Glock and I would really like it to be a SIG, but if it can't be a SIG then maybe something else. Exploring my options here.

Not all SIGs are DA/SA. I don't have a SIG in .45, but I really really like the ergos and trigger on my P229. I would like a different hi-cap .45 than a Glock and I would really like it to be a SIG, but if it can't be a SIG then maybe something else. Exploring my options here.

Sig P227 would seem to be the obvious choice. 10+1 or 14+1 with the optional mag. SA/DA, no striker.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top