JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Neither make +P ammo that I know of. If any makes +P 10mm it would not be saami spec and I wouldnt run it as 10mm is hot enough on its own.
Someone must make it, as the 10mm's I have are all +p rated. I plan to run hot loads in mine as I'm going to be using it for large game and in the woods defensive. I've got some heavy weight HPs that are going to be high pressure as well.

Someone must make it, as the 10mm's I have are all +p rated. I plan to run hot loads in mine as I'm going to be using it for large game and in the woods defensive. I've got some heavy weight HPs that are going to be high pressure as well.
Store bought +P 10?
Ive never heard of any Im genuinely curious.

As long as you dont exceed saami specs your fine. Years ago when 10mm started to come back for woods use mfg's were all competing to sell the most powerful round. Some guns blew up as a result and they backed off a bit.

Looking at the SAAMI reference I don't see a listing for 10mm +P (and yes there are listings for 9mm+P and .45+P)

elsie

Store bought +P 10?
Ive never heard of any Im genuinely curious.

As long as you dont exceed saami specs your fine. Years ago when 10mm started to come back for woods use mfg's were all competing to sell the most powerful round. Some guns blew up as a result and they backed off a bit.
I also know of no +P in 10mm. 10mm has been downloaded for so long, now the old standard 10mm loads are thought of as +P.

Even Ruger, when my SR1911 10mm blew up, admonished me to not use +P. I had to convince them that SAAMI full powered 10mm ammo is not +P,.

I also know of no +P in 10mm. 10mm has been downloaded for so long, now the old standard 10mm loads are thought of as +P.

Even Ruger, when my SR1911 10mm blew up, admonished me to not use +P. I had to convince them that SAAMI full powered 10mm ammo is not +P,.
The old standard 10mm is typically called "full pressure" or "original" but there's never been a +P. I'm curious about what year yours blew up and what ammo?

Been shooting the 10 since the 90s well before it got a resurgence in popularity for bear defense and the boutique ammo makers raced to produce the hottest bear load, but they went over the top and guns blew up. They blamed it on unsupported chambers but in reality no gun is made to not handle saami spec for the cartridge. The ammo makers fd up.

Does anyone make +P 10mm ammo?
Case support isnt an issue with SAMMI spec ammo.
The 10mm can be loaded quite hot an certainly could exceed SAAMi spec, but no official +P designation will exist. Buffalo Bore and Underwood both sell "hot" 10mm.

Love my Xten but I'd like to try a 4" barrel as well with the same or similar capacity. Don't really trust the XD's but maybe I'd try a M&P, it would also have to earn some trust though. The grip and trigger on Glocks just don't do it for me.

Fairly new to 10mm but favoring the specs of the Sig VCrown 180 grain load.

I'd be interested in a legit 10mm commander sized 2011 as well if anyone has recommendations they would stand behind.

I'm a public works superintendent, includes being the Head Turd Hearder as well as everything else; streets, potable water, parks, facilities management, ordinances, person who budgets for more funds than anyone else in the city. My services are used by everyone every day and do not get attention unless something brakes, unlike those who wear badges and get thanked every day.
Everyone expects those things to be available 24/7 and have no idea what's involved in making sure that happens.

I may be in the minority here, but I wouldn't consider a striker fired 10mm other than the G20 and G29.

The old standard 10mm is typically called "full pressure" or "original" but there's never been a +P. I'm curious about what year yours blew up and what ammo
The year was 2018, a nearly new SR1911 stoked with Federal Trophy Bonded 180 grain. Advertised velocity 1250 fps.

I have witnessed a couple more mini-kabooms, including in a Glock 20.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top