JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
X - Ten with Gray Guns magwell funnel and mag baseplates
grayguns-p320-xten-magwell-basepads-103.webp

Trying to wade through all the newer striker fired 10mm handguns on the market. Besides the Glock 20 and 29 what are people shooting?
Not looking for another 1911
I might be shooting this if the price comes down a little further.

Not striker fired but I am looking for 10mm AR uppers to.

It appears that FN has taken their FN509 platform to the 10mm realm with their FN510. It'll be awhile before they are in our local FFL's, and unlike the FN509, it'll probably be just a few higher priced versions available at first. I don't personally own any FN firearms, but this might be my first. Given my experience as an early purchaser of the Sig X-TEN, I'll probably wait a few years and let others discover the bugs of the first gen.

It appears that FN has taken their FN509 platform to the 10mm realm with their FN510. It'll be awhile before they are in our local FFL's, and unlike the FN509, it'll probably be just a few higher priced versions available at first. I don't personally own any FN firearms, but this might be my first. Given my experience as an early purchaser of the Sig X-TEN, I'll probably wait a few years and let others discover the bugs of the first gen.
@Cosimel
What happened with your X-TEN ?

@Cosimel
What happened with your X-TEN ?
Oddly enough it's their mags, which are made for them by Mec Gar, are usually really good, reliably magazines. In fact I have several 14 rounds Mec Gar mags for my EAA Witness 10mm and they've always function perfectly. They are almost identical to the mags for the X-TEN except the magazine lock notch is in a lower position. They make a very reliable 14 round magazine for 10mm, but in no way does it work as a 15 round magazine as Sig claims. I believe I know the problem, in order to get that extra round in, the spring tapers towards the follower both side to side and front to back anchoring to the bottom of the follower in the middle allowing rounds to nose down in the magazine and it'll stop feeding around the seventh to eighth round. I took a spring out of one of my XDm 10mm mags and put it in the Sig magazine, and now it'll run 14 rounds without issue. I can even get 15 rounds into it, but it will not seat into the grip with one in the chamber and you can't rack the slide in either case, so it's only good for use when the slide is locked back, which still makes it only a 14 round magazine. Neither the two mags that came with it, or the one I managed to order from them (a miracle at the very least), functioned as advertised. Recently I've been having problems with trigger resets, don't know what's up with that yet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top