JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
304-616-4500, you'll need the S/N of the NFA item. The person that answers the phone can tell you current status, if you want to talk to the examiner they'll want to know why.

How come the dealer that is transfering doesn't help out with status inquiry?

I've had to call the atf help line before to check status, just because Andrew is lazy, but it seems like if you are paying a transfer fee, then the dealer would help out. My NFA transfers were always a barter/buddy deal, but if I was paying transfer fee, I'l put it back on them to follow up.

Otherwise I've called before. They ask for serial number and name of transferee, or name of living trust. Then they say, "pending, as of a date", or "approved".

I don't think they want examiners on the phone with end users, because it takes them away from pushing papers.

What question do you need to ask the examiner anyway?

304-616-4500, you'll need the S/N of the NFA item. The person that answers the phone can tell you current status, if you want to talk to the examiner they'll want to know why.

this # worked, they answered on the first ring, I got the info I needed. And for the dumb --- replies, you have to much time on your hands.
again Abiqua THANKS!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads