JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not according to sales in modern history and the recent supply and demand. Plus it has been around nearly four times as long, its going no where.

9mm - 1902 * 118 years
45acp - 1905 * 115 years
40S&W - 1990 * 30 years
Well it's cheaper and people follow their pocket book, not what's better. Sadly the last three guns I bought are 9MM, but the Hellcat and XDM Elite had nor correct 40 S&W option. The EAA Witness Polymer Compact can and will be converted to 40 S&W

Half the time or even more when I go to a training course I use a 9, ammo is cheaper. Last time I used the even more expensive 357 Sig, but it was satisfying to me. I'll use 40 next time and then 9. the following course. Save a little now and then.

I'm not a fan of the 48 or the 43x capacity wise at least the 43x you can buy the shield arms 15 round mag making it a respective round count for the 43x. Personally I like my Glock 26 over the 43x because you can put a 33 round mag in a 26 you can also put g19, g18, g17 mag into a G26 you can decide if you want the low profile with flush mag. You get a G19 grip on a 26 using the x grip and a 19 mag. Same with the Glock 17 I can make it a full sized grip on a subcompact gun! The 19 will always be that sweet spot for Glock that bridges the gap between subcompact 26 and the full sized 17. Personally I like any model Glock that doesn't have those awful looking front slide serrations lol

The G19 (and previously the Sig 228--still a very good pistol) has been at/near the top of the game for decades. The S&W M&P has cut in a bit (particularly in the ergos dept.), but if you're wanting a 'jack of all trades' serious pistola that will go 'bang' every time, in a portable package, the G19 is takes a back seat to nobody. A set of Gen3's and you'd be well equipped for life.

$.02 worth,
Boss

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top