JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can you post up how the conditions? I am thinking of heading up there tomorrow.

It was fine. Today seemed like there were alot of new shooters lacking basic firearm safety. Was a little unnerving at times. Also had someones 9mm round ricochet off a rock and come back to hit me in the chin... Stung a little but no broke skin. Quarry is awful trashy though. A few of the Jeep trails were closed but we managed to find a couple intermediate trails and managed not to break or dent the jeep.

Had the same issues when in Phoenix, AZ. It wasn't until BLM stepped in that things started to get cleaned up, but then it was shooting in only certain areas. Unfortunately it's the people who take the freezers and old tvs out and just trash the area that screws it up for everyone else. Total pisser.

Well, that was short-lived. Now (7/10/2012) the <broken link removed> :

I stopped by on my way back from shooting today, and scrounged up all the brass I could find quickly.

I was there last weekend with my roomies, and we were there until dark picking up shotgun shells and other crap (including 4lbs of .22 that we will recycle). I hope it is only closed for quarry efforts, and not because of trash. We pack out one trash bag full of junk every trip, as well as filled up the Department of Forestry bags that were provided just so we could keep it cleaner.

I stopped by on my way back from shooting today, and scrounged up all the brass I could find quickly.

I was there last weekend with my roomies, and we were there until dark picking up shotgun shells and other crap (including 4lbs of .22 that we will recycle). I hope it is only closed for quarry efforts, and not because of trash. We pack out one trash bag full of junk every trip, as well as filled up the Department of Forestry bags that were provided just so we could keep it cleaner.

Good to see there are a few descent people still walking this earth!

When I bought my FJ Cruiser everyone on the FJcruiser forum goes there. Then after running trails, their rigs are literally scratched to death bumper to bumper. I just couldn't do that to a rig I paid $30k for; damn. Must be nice to be that carefree and not OCD lol.

If any of you are interested SOLV does a big Browns Camp cleanup every year in April, our group hauled out over 200 tires this year along with a lot of other bubblegum. People can setup their own projects also so if someone wanted to setup a shooting cleanup they would love to have you.

<broken link removed>

If any of you are interested SOLV does a big Browns Camp cleanup every year in April, our group hauled out over 200 tires this year along with a lot of other bubblegum. People can setup their own projects also so if someone wanted to setup a shooting cleanup they would love to have you.

<broken link removed>

my roomates and i would like to come help next time there is a cleanup we were gonna talk to the ranger the next time we went down there and see if they could close off the quarry for a day and we were gonna try to setup a bbq or something of t he sort for people that wanted to come help out.
we also figured we would talk to them about having a big burn pile in the middle of it because most of the garbage there is paper and wood.
we try to do what we can there when we are there and always haul a garbage bag full of crap home with us (other peoples crap ofcourse)
i know the quarry is closed down for digging at the moment but once it opens back up i will definately come help out, it is one of my favorite places to go shooting and it would be nice if it stayed open. ofcourse that is not gonna be the case if everyone just leaves all there crap behind

They still have those huge piles there? Or has most of it been cleared out? I have a map given to me by a Park Ranger there a while back showing another pit by Trail #15 (Island). Any news on that?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top