JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just got back from browns camp, Spent about 30 minutes shooting and an hour picking up spent shotgun shells and plastic bottles.

Didnt see much broken glass or old televisions ect which was a nice surprise. But there is still alot of trash in the quarry. I've seen it more of a mess but its still not cool.

Are any of you interested in setting a date and time and a lot of us showing up to just clean up and haul off the crap? Then letting the idiots know that if they keep up leaving the place to look like where they live it will be closed to all of us?
Anyone interested?:huh:

Unfortunately, i agree. One of the last times i was out there, before they closed it, the place was trashed.

A friend turned me on to a new place to shoot and it's already starting to look like a dump.

This is a message for the people that bring out old computer monitors, TVs and other junk that belongs in a landfill. CLEAN UP YOUR MESS!!! You are not doing us a favor by leaving YOUR targets for us! CLEAN UP YOUR MESS!!!

Lefty.

Are any of you interested in setting a date and time and a lot of us showing up to just clean up and haul off the crap? Then letting the idiots know that if they keep up leaving the place to look like where they live it will be closed to all of us?
Anyone interested?:huh:

i have never shot there but i am on board to help clean it up.cant haul anything away but i will give a day to pile it up.
if someone dont do it someday you will share memories of the days you used to be able too shoot out there.

I made a trip out to Brown's yesterday. Roads were mostly clear with some mild "rutting" with all the water runoff. Certainly passable in a 2-wheel drive, but would recommend something with 4-wheel drive to be on the safe side. Must have been the sunny weather, becuase the place was two cars deep and folks shooting overtop one another.......now I remember why i dont go to Browns all that much. Anyway, the pit was actually somewhat clean....yeah there were a few shot up bowling pins and antifreez jugs, but relatively "clean" for government land. Also saw some guy with a full auto AK doing drum mag dumps...pretty sweet if you ask me.

-AO

I was up at Browns camp Friday from 11:00 until 2:00 and all the guys there then were really nice and stopped each time we wanted to go downrange and check the targets. I was sighting in a 22 mag Ruger model 96 and a 10/22 ruger with a red dot and everyone was very nice. Junk?? yes! you cannot take a step without steping on shell casings.
If you guys want to set a date and time we should all get together and clean it up then post a sign asking everyone to take out what they brought in. Ideas?

I suppose you guys are right...I thought maybe a sign attached to the county sign posts that gives the rules they might leave it alone. Can't believe that someone would shoot that close to the parking area.

I suppose you guys are right...I thought maybe a sign attached to the county sign posts that gives the rules they might leave it alone. Can't believe that someone would shoot that close to the parking area.

The signs that are all shot up near the camping area are all official county signs (look like they have been shot from a moving vehicle from the look of the bullet holes)
Its a shame because beaverdam quarry is a nice place to shoot especially early in the morning when its quite. Back in summertime when the quarry was 'closed' people were still shooting there ignoring the signs.

I usually just shoot at some of the other spots further into the forest now or go out further towards the coast. Not as much trash at those spots.

I cant help haul any trash out but i would help spend a few hours helping to clean up beaverdam quarry bagging up trash if you get anything organized let me know

I moved here from Wyoming and back there we had a 3/4 inch thick steel disk hanging from a chain so you could hear it 'gong' when hit. I have the same disk and chain and the steel to make a tripod...if you guys want I will weld it up and leave it at the far end of the Browns Camp pit so everyone can take a shot at 'ringing the bell'....what do you think?

Although i am new to this site I am not new to cleaning up after irresponsible idiots. I am also willing to go out and help clean up and get to know some of you. Just PM me with info and hopefully I can get out and help keep some land open for use.:s0155:

I would be interested as well would like to pack up jeep tomorrow with guns and ammo along with wife and picnic food for a nice day of plinking. Oh yeah how about directions from Tigard? Thanks all

I have only been there twice and it was a while ago. I believe it is in this area. Someone correct me if I am wrong.... I have it marked down on the gps but im too lazy to go to the car to check :)

enter these coordinates in google maps 45.610585,-123.362775

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top