JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was there early last month and it was open.... and one of the guys that was there was able to laser the distance and he was just a tad over 200 yards. I love bumping my AK there. There is also a spot right before browns camp... it is the last right turn before you take the left turn to turn into browns camp off HWY 6.... if you are going west bound I believe.... so in other words, if you go to browns camp from beaverton. So you take that last right and go up the dirt road and just fallow it all the way up and you can find spots to shoot.... just don't go through any gated areas because you never know if you gonna be locked in.

I was at browns camp about a month ago and it was closed. Does anyone know if it is open yet??

I went out to see this weekend. It is closed for gravel mining operations. At least its not being closed because of all the shooters leaving junk around. It has been closed and reopened for shooting a few times this year.

The Tillamook Forrest website does tell you if it is open or closed. its a good resource. I'll post a link sometime.

JK

As of 8/4/12 6pm.... the quarry (the usual spot where I go shooting) is closed. There is a sign on the board, there was a trailer on the hill next to the quarry and some equipment down in the quarry. I don't know if there are any dates as to when it will open back up because as soon as we saw the CLOSED sign, we made like bananas and split.

As of 8/4/12 6pm.... the quarry (the usual spot where I go shooting) is closed. There is a sign on the board, there was a trailer on the hill next to the quarry and some equipment down in the quarry. I don't know if there are any dates as to when it will open back up because as soon as we saw the CLOSED sign, we made like bananas and split.

Im guessing itll be closed until oct somewhere, maybe sooner if they use all the materials there fast.

there are quite a few other spots within the area where you can shoot. the rock quarry isn't the only option. i've only gone there with friends who have 4x4 pick-up trucks. my car wouldn't be able to make it deeper along the trail to where the other shooting pits/backstops are located. i also don't venture waaaaaaaay over there very often due to the commute. there are some options near my location. larch mountain (in washington) is one of those. however, you'll need that stupid discover pass in order to avoid receiving a $99 or more ticket.

it sucks the stevenson range is now closed. the last time i was there was between 0930 and 1200 on the 21st of july.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top