JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thinking back some. I don't know many people who reload 40s. I believe most of my 40 brass came from friends that shoot 40 but don't reload 40.

I really like my Sig 239 in 40 cal, carry it a lot.

.40 was a bastardization of 10mm. It deserves to wither and die in the darkness from whence it came. The downside is .401 projectiles to reload 10mm will be harder to find or become more expensive.

Joe Exotic knows…..

IMG_3252.jpeg

40 S&W was used by a lot of Law Enforcement for several decades - it will be around a long time. I bet that there are more 40 S&W pistols than there are 10MM's.

I like to shoot steel!
I love the audio feedback!
Therefore, I own 40.

Shoot a nine at a steel gong then shoot a forty. Big difference!
I find the light pistols like a Glock23 have bad muzzle flip but full-size pistols like a Beretta FS96 are a joy to shoot.

P.S. I can use the same dies, powder and projectile to load for my ten's, bonus!

I like to shoot steel!
I love the audio feedback!
Therefore, I own 40.

Shoot a nine at a steel gong then shoot a forty. Big difference!
I find the light pistols like a Glock23 have bad muzzle flip but full-size pistols like a Beretta FS96 are a joy to shoot.

P.S. I can use the same dies, powder and projectile to load for my ten's, bonus!
I used to do a lot of bowling pin shooting. The 9mm would knock them down just fine, but the 10mm and especially the .44 mag would launch them off the table. Heavy bullets win almost every time for sensory feedback.

I have always judged a handgun by it ergonomics and how it fits me, how it feels for me to shoot and handle it. A number of years ago I bought a Walther in 40 S&W, and I hated it. At about the same time, my older brother gifted me a new Beretta M96, and I immediately liked the way it handled and shot. I traded off the Walther for a M&P 2.0 in 9mm, and I really like that pistol. The M&P also has interchangeable grip panels to suit different hands, which is a big plus. The better a gun fits the hand, the better the shooting is. So for me, it's standard 1911's, the Beretta 90 series handguns, and the Smith M&P. You can probably guess that the teeny weeny concealed pistols are not my bag either.

Incidentally, i just looked at Walthers website. Not a .40 to be seen. All the PDP pistols are in 9mm. And no .45's. Hmmm.

Just for the huh factor I looked at the Midwayusa web site to see how many of what caliber of pistols they list:
9mm - 433
45acp - 195
380acp - 46
10mm - 41
40S&W - 29
38 Super - 11
357 Sig - 3