JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking for another 357 but I have several, including several 9mm, and remotely was going to consider another 40, but the two that I have now, I rarely use. Was wanting to buy another pistol or revolver, the 357s and the 9mm I was looking at were essentially another duplication. I do not know adding another 40 would add much, especially if the round is being faded out?

It's going away, slowly but surely. A lot of gun stores don't even want to look at your trade if it's in .40 and many people in the classifieds turn their noses up at it. Doesn't help that's it's an expensive and snappy round when comparing to 9. I doubt the .40 will even have new guns chambered for it within the next decade but hey, at least it isn't .30 super carry!

Check how many new guns coming out are offered in .40. That tells the story.

great caliber. blah blah blah. 😂

P.S. I was happy to watch it die!

How about a Ruger Vaquero in .40 S&W? They made them. There's your "another .40" and a revolver in something other than .357 and 9mm.

While I'll agree it's not as popular as the wonder 9, I make and sell a lot of it. IMHO, those that get most of their information from youtube and the like are mostly the 9mm fan boyz. People that get their information from the real world tend to prefer the 40 for self defense. Again IMHO, going away, I'd say not hardly.

The prevailing internet "factoid" (it's on the internet... it must be true) is that 9mm round technology has continued to advance to the point that any advantage the .40S&W might have had is now "moot". Because... as we should all be aware... there was a secret ban put in place well over a decade ago that prohibited any advancements in bullet technology from being manufactured in .40.

Who knew, right!!?? 🤣

The plain truth... if myths are repeated often enough... they become fact and .40 has fallen out of favor by the internet bred masses.

Just as long as you don't pick up something in .45 AARP. You can't go back to wonder 9s once that line is crossed. :p

The prevailing internet "factoid" (it's on the internet... it must be true) is that 9mm round technology has continued to advance to the point that any advantage the .40S&W might have had is now "moot". Because... as we should all be aware... there was a secret ban put in place well over a decade ago that prohibited any advancements in bullet technology from being manufactured in .40.

Who knew, right!!?? 🤣

The plain truth... if myths are repeated often enough... they become fact and .40 has fallen out of favor by the internet bred masses.
I'm telling ya, the .40 hits steel waaaay harder than 9mm. And the bullet advance that 9 got also apply to .40 soooo

While I'll agree it's not as popular as the wonder 9, I make and sell a lot of it. IMHO, those that get most of their information from youtube and the like are mostly the 9mm fan boyz. People that get their information from the real world tend to prefer the 40 for self defense. Again IMHO, going away, I'd say not hardly.
Seconded. As a "mainline" caliber I can see there is less demand in recent years, but I don't see it disappearing any time soon... much like 30-30 hasn't and won't... even though not a "preferred" caliber.

Look into a Glock 40 cal? I have the 19 and 45 Glocks. I wonder if there is a 10 round 40 Glock; evading instrumental nuttiness with 114 should it go into temporary effect?

10 MM revolvers can or can not work with a 40 cal?

Look into a Glock 40 cal? I have the 19 and 45 Glocks. I wonder if there is a 10 round 40 Glock; evading instrumental nuttiness with 114 should it go into temporary effect?

10 MM revolvers can or can not work with a 40 cal?
I shoot and prefer the 9mm but fortunately my preferred guns share the same frame with the 40SW, a simple complete slide change and you're you have a multi-call gun. I buy up slides for this reason in 40SW and a barrel in 357SIG, where possible. 40 SW gonna be here awhile, sadly, I do not think the 357SIG will stay as long.

I disliked 40 until I picked up my 4006 and SW99.. both of those are just too accurate to not enjoy.

I'd assume with the 10mm offerings these days, the 40 has less appeal. I don't see it in bulk on shelves as much anymore.

I have never worried about 40 on the shelf. I bet it's been over 10 years since I bought a box of 40 ammunition. I load lots of it.

Considering I have several 38s, 357s, 9mm, two 44 mag revolvers; a few 22 autos, my itch is to buy what next? In the face of 114? 9mm, 44 mag, some 357, and some 38 ammo is available now. What should the next move be revolver or 10 round pistol?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews