JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree, we need a general thread for the general elections in november so we can start spearheading reps to speak with and figures to back from a large consensus vs splinter threads where we have so many ideas. Lets keep it contained to one and one only for control and information sake.

Going with that....
Yep good ideas. A lot of people in the metro area will feel disenchanted since pro-gun candidates have zero chances of winning most of the metro house seats. I would strongly encourage those people to help out some other candidates in districts out side of your area where the pro-gun candidates do have a chance. There are many ways you could help out these candidates. Even if the candidate isn't your typical cup of tea, if they are pro-gun then give them a pass and help them out. 2019 is along session in Salem and anti-gun candidates can and likely will do a lot of damage to gun rights during the session.

Yep good ideas. A lot of people in the metro area will feel disenchanted since pro-gun candidates have zero chances of winning most of the metro house seats. I would strongly encourage those people to help out some other candidates in districts out side of your area where the pro-gun candidates do have a chance. There are many ways you could help out these candidates. Even if the candidate isn't your typical cup of tea, if they are pro-gun then give them a pass and help them out. 2019 is along session in Salem and anti-gun candidates can and likely will do a lot of damage to gun rights during the session.

Agree,

First we must secure seats with individuals pro 2A and leaning in some our other interests before we can broadly tackle a majority of other issues. The road to correcting and fixing crony establishment in a long and bumpy one so best we stick to whats immediately in front of us and remember why we are doing this for down the road. If we lose sight of our goals and civil liberties and personal freedoms we will just scatter around and give up. One goal at a time, one foot in front of the other.

The foot soldiers of the anti-gun movement have the attention span of gnats, zero interest in anyone who is not their age, no appreciation or knowledge of history and science, and even less interest in learning how things really work, politics and legal processes included. Sure, there may be a couple of militant little commies among them, like David Hogg and Emma Rodriguez, but their voices will soon enough begin grating on the rest, because if one thing is consistent about these "activists" is there's always something new to be angry about. Everything with these people is about EMOTION, pictures, and cultural memes.

We need to find a way to secure our own schools and our own communities, and not let little whackos commit anymore atrocities. If communities can find a way to fundraise for field turf, they can design a plan to secure the schools too. If it means tightening up the rules at the school, as parents we need to support that.

We are forever the handy targets of emotional/feeling reactionaries. If the school shootings stop, the number of people drunk with rage who are misguidedly attacking us will be greatly reduced. 95% of them will gladly go back to their Instagram and Snapchat.

I will be making some donations tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who pledged their time and money to help.

Great idea, start hammering our legislators to protect Oregonians Civil Rights as well as the Constitution. Remind them that man cannot regulate the GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO PROTECT ONESELF AS WELL AS ONES FAMILY... Regardless what LEVO demands.

And folks, when they start with trying to jam legislation through during the next legislative session, WE NEED TO TURN UP EN MASSE....

Sho them what thousands and hopefully tens of thousands of firearms owners look like jamming up the State Capital. We need to be loud, and disruptive.

No more passive behavior, we need to out present, out attend and out shout the anti gun lobby. Now's the time we must organize.

As far as calling and emailing representatives ect.. go, gun owners blow the antis out of the water.

Personally, I think one SUPER EFFECTIVE AND IMPORTANT thing we SHOULD be doing is to try and humanize gun owners in the media. The antis MAIN strategy as far as I can see has really been to dehumanize gun owners saying things like..

we love our guns more then children
we are self righteous
we cant see the tears of school children
and a plethora of ad hominem attacks on gun owners character and humanity

I feel that this is doing arguably the most damage.

We MUST get information out there. Even if its flyers door to door. Explaining to people that gun owners are PEOPLE just like anyone else, we love, we are loved, we have empathy, we have children who we love MORE then our guns. In fact thats our reason for owning guns for some of us is that we value our childrens life enough to take on the responsibility of his/her safety.

Let people know that the massive majority of the "gun lobby" comes from regular everyday people.

Let people know that everyone has the RIGHT to protect themselves from violent crime.

Tell them, some people like to know that if there is a potential rapist or murderer running towards them or their children that they have a last resort option to defend their family in case they arent able to push buttons on a screen to call the generic number fast enough, and even if you make it that far in those type of situations the police almost never get there before you are raped or dead.

I was talking to a couple law enforcement officers the other day and they told me that most violent crimes committed on an individual person happen within seconds the majority of the time, 30 seconds would be a long time, and that they hardly ever are able to be what stops a rape or an assault or a mugging before it happens

If anyone has any suggestions on how I or we can get our side of the story out there to people who might otherwise not hear it, I would love to get some suggestions.

As far as calling and emailing representatives ect.. go, gun owners blow the antis out of the water.

Personally, I think one SUPER EFFECTIVE AND IMPORTANT thing we SHOULD be doing is to try and humanize gun owners in the media. The antis MAIN strategy as far as I can see has really been to dehumanize gun owners saying things like..

we love our guns more then children
we are self righteous
we cant see the tears of school children
and a plethora of ad hominem attacks on gun owners character and humanity

I feel that this is doing arguably the most damage.

We MUST get information out there. Even if its flyers door to door. Explaining to people that gun owners are PEOPLE just like anyone else, we love, we are loved, we have empathy, we have children who we love MORE then our guns. In fact thats our reason for owning guns for some of us is that we value our childrens life enough to take on the responsibility of his/her safety.

Let people know that the massive majority of the "gun lobby" comes from regular everyday people.

Let people know that everyone has the RIGHT to protect themselves from violent crime.

Tell them, some people like to know that if there is a potential rapist or murderer running towards them or their children that they have a last resort option to defend their family in case they arent able to push buttons on a screen to call the generic number fast enough, and even if you make it that far in those type of situations the police almost never get there before you are raped or dead.

I was talking to a couple law enforcement officers the other day and they told me that most violent crimes committed on an individual person happen within seconds the majority of the time, 30 seconds would be a long time, and that they hardly ever are able to be what stops a rape or an assault or a mugging before it happens

If anyone has any suggestions on how I or we can get our side of the story out there to people who might otherwise not hear it, I would love to get some suggestions.
This is all true and gun owners even love bbqs in the park.

if they are voting for the corrupt demorats it doesn't matter does it.

Not voting is just as dangerous imo or writing in meme candidates like Optimus Prime (Yes, i know someone who did that) Outside voters coming in and changing is another topic brought up a lot. Life longers who vote for it are complacent from their time and experiences to their location and groups.

Right now personally I know people who either don't vote, don't care to because its all the same any side you pick, or personally just don't even care to look into why things keep going bad around them or prefer to write in fictional characters for a funny joke. I've had a personal belief its all fun and games until its at your doorstep and funny too because these same types complain once things start affecting them personally and want change but wont take the steps to ensure said changes could be made.

These same characters life long/transplant also keep wondering why what happened to life around us and then wave it off as unimportant because they'll just keep doing the same lives they've been used to.

Last Edited:
Both. Many lifers have been sucked into the swamp. My in laws being just one example.

There was conservative leadership here in the past. There was Gov Vic Atiyeh and Tom McCall, and we had Sen. Packwood and Hatfield for a long time.. The first group of people to settle this area were conservative Midwesterners. Salem has a strong Methodist history. I think things started to change with the hippies.

There was conservative leadership here in the past. There was Gov Vic Atiyeh and Tom McCall, and we had Sen. Packwood and Hatfield for a long time.. The first group of people to settle this area were conservative Midwesterners. Salem has a strong Methodist history. I think things started to change with the hippies.

Yep. I'm old enough to remember those times. Hatfield especially was a great senator. We have fallen far from those days.

we have to start developing statements and approaches to "sell" our arguments. Short, concise, accurate and with stand alone logic.

Here is one:

Why do you want to limit my ability to protect myself and my family?
Can you foresee just how many shots i am allowed to use in an emergency against a criminal intent on causing me and mine harm?
How many fire extinguishers are too many?
Why am I limited when law enforcement is not? Are they more worthy of effective self defense?

just an idea, polish it as required. Post your versions.

Well, can file additional complaints...

If enough people will take 10 minutes out of their day, it could make a difference.

If they continue to go unanswered, that's what we have Senators and Representatives for...

Leveral the system, be bold, be vocal and don't stop until you get a suitable answer...

we have to start developing statements and approaches to "sell" our arguments. Short, concise, accurate and with stand alone logic.

Here is one:

Why do you want to limit my ability to protect myself and my family?
Can you foresee just how many shots i am allowed to use in an emergency against a criminal intent on causing me and mine harm?
How many fire extinguishers are too many?
Why am I limited when law enforcement is not? Are they more worthy of effective self defense?

just an idea, polish it as required. Post your versions.

"Shall not be infringed"!! How is that for a short, concise, accurate statement?? "We" shouldn't have to be making any further arguments. "We" need to vote to ensure the Constitution and Bill of Rights are followed. Those not happy with the B of R should leave the country, or initiate a Constitutional Convention to change them.

One of the outspoken dweebs is often shown with a Cuban flag on her shoulder. Cuba is a good example of a society where only the Government is armed. She should move there, I am sure she would feel MUCH safer!
:s0014:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR