JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Now that elections are over we know who our elected representative are. Have you met your elected official?

I know the Holidays are coming up but wanted to throw out a suggestion for all the Sportsman's club officers to invite their elected officials for a Q&A session.
This is a good way to get some face time, and push the questions to the front right before the new session starts.

Following are the CMP affiliated clubs suggested by the CMP website. CMP Club & Competition Tracker | Dashboard ( I know there are a lot more )

This would also be a good opportunity for the Boy Scout organizations and our younger shooters to interact with the law makers.

Q. Why does it seem like gun owners are the ones who are required to compromise on legislation? (1588, 1491)
Q. Why are we not prosecuting people trying to buy firearms who are not allowed to? (Thousands of gun crimes go unpunished in Washington)

I'm sure there are more relevant questions to be asked. I have often found they (legislators) are simply uninformed; we all have busy lives, our own agendas and families.

The reason I proposed this is simple, none of my legislators will/have been affirmed they have been asked to a gun owners forum.

I say, let's invite them over for a regularly scheduled club meeting right before the new legislative session starts. If they decline then that is ok too, as they can be reminded of this at a later date.

What questions or conversation topics would you discuss at your club meeting if you could get your legislator there?

~Whitney

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads