JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like an interesting course.

The last training I had was decades ago, but I was in USCG SAR (40 years ago) and saw some trauma cases during my time in (including a little boy who ran between a pickup and the trailer it was pulling - I was on my way out to the lighthouse) and dealt with a lot of hypothermia naturally, including myself and my crew. A significant portion of the crew also spent time in EMT/etc. training and some moonlighted as such. I know the Depoe Bay crew to the north of us - almost every station member there was also a member of the local volunteer fire dept. with some of them working as EMTs too.

I am not only interested in combat trauma, but any kind of trauma and the kind of care that may include keeping someone alive for hours to days. I know from personal experience that sometimes emergency care/help simply can't make it to you as fast as a lot of people assume because of where you are and/or the situation you are in.

Then there are the SHTF situations - e.g., if we have "the Big one" earthquake, it could be days or weeks before even serious injuries get treated.

I've been lucky that the times I was injured or very sick I got relatively immediate care, but I could have just as easily been injured when I was out riding in the backwoods outside of communication distance where no one was there to help.

So it pays to know how to care for yourself and others short term.

Training is good and necessary, but there are also other materials on how to care for trauma and sickness. There are other threads on that so I won't hijack this one.

First aid, CPR and AED are kept up to date, but a course on trauma/wound care would be a great addition. Going to have to look at doing a course like this.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top