JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To each there own but what I have seen doesn't entertain me a bit. It's great you can look and still smile.:D
Entertainment does not mean enjoyment.

The history of news back to the Roman praecones was about telling people things they mostly didn't need to know for coin in return. It is entertainment. There is no need for anyone to watch news. Ever. If you do, you're doing it to tickle some part of who you are whether you read gun news or kardashian news. It is entertaining you. Don't feel that you're doing something important by being on top of things, you're just wanking to a reporters words.

Entertainment does not mean enjoyment.

The history of news back to the Roman praecones was about telling people things they mostly didn't need to know for coin in return. It is entertainment. There is no need for anyone to watch news. Ever. If you do, you're doing it to tickle some part of who you are whether you read gun news or kardashian news. It is entertaining you. Don't feel that you're doing something important by being on top of things, you're just wanking to a reporters words.

Hey really I am sorry to missunderstand you, I guess we use different dictionaries.:D

en·ter·tain·ment

[ˌen(t)ərˈtānmənt]

NOUN

the action of providing or being provided with amusement or enjoyment

Shotgun certificate revoked for Coniston man who left firearms in empty house in rush to help mother | The Mail

Shotgun certificate revoked for Coniston man who left firearms in empty house in rush to help mother | The Mail

"Two guns were found after baliffs attended Woolcock's address on June 15."
Does that mean the Police just came by his house and tried the door - went in - and searched it?

Woolcock, who held a shotgun certificate for 15 years, had his licence revoked and was ordered to carry out 60 hours of unpaid work over the next 12 months.

He was ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £85 and court costs of £85.

The forfeiture and destruction of the three shotguns and ammunition was also ordered.

There are reasons our founding fathers came back to and put in place the 4th amendment. Although it should be "self evident" it is clearly not the case.

Perspective and agenda! That's all!

Think about this, what is it "they" want? Remove guns from the people. Simple enough topic. Its the how that concerns us all. There is going to be a big Sandy Hook program on and i bet you the anti rant is very much a part of the discussion. Why do we care about Sandy Hook? Besides all the little ones killed, it was and still is a front row seat to the anti gun agenda!

Last Edited:
Go back to the beginning of WW2, if not for the MSM, how would we have known about Pearl Harbor? How would we have known any thing about the War and the progress? The MSM needed to get the word out to the masses so that we could then be rallied to production of every thing needed to fight and to build up every thing. Tin Foil aside, the MSM did I exactly what the Gov. needed it to do, and every part of it was used, from Disney to the local news papers, they kept us going at home, showed us any positive results, and guess what, it all worked as intended!

Last Edited:
Perspective and agenda! That's all!

Think about this, what is it "they" want? Remove guns from the people. Simple enough topic. Its the how that concerns us all. There is going to be a big Sandy Hook program on and i bet you the anti rant is very much a part of the discussion. Why do we care about Sandy Hook? Besides all the little ones killed, it was and still is a front row seat to the anti gun agenda!

Sandy Hook is not about guns. Sandy Hook is about a mentally deranged nutjob.

Lets look at this this way. Say we have a war. People die. The "Anti" crowd get together and chant "Ban the Bomb".... Because they want to prevent the next war.

The adults in the room understand that bombs don't cause war any more than guns cause people to go on murderous rampages. And since we don't live in a magic make believe world where you can make "bad" things disappear we are stuck with bombs and guns, like it or not.

Unfortunately the world is full of "special" people who instead of logic base their world view on feelings.

As long as we have these special folks who shun the use of logic and rely on telling others what is right and wrong based on how they feel we are stuck in this fight of logic VS emotion.

Exactly, it has never been about the gun, and yet the gun is always the centralized topic. We all know the truth, a tool is just a tool, but as you just pointed out, people react on emotions, and THAT is the engine that drives the anti agenda! Make the facts show evil used a specific tool, and emotions scream for action to remove that tool. Its basic human nature, tug the heart strings hard enough, and the sheeple demand action! RInse and Repete!

That is not really fair...

The MSMs lack of perspective or my observation?

Example why I think we are on the same _sheet of music"; but I do not want to start a tangent on carbon...example only: :D

If I'm complaining about the amount of carbon the evil- industrial nation's spew into the atmosphere, and I intentionally omit "per million" in the "parts per million equation, then I'm making a liberal statement. If I include "per million" in the "PPM" equation, I've shown perspective.

The MSM rarely (if ever) puts anything into perspective.

The MSMs lack of perspective or my observation?

Example why I think we are on the same _sheet of music"; but I do not want to start a tangent on carbon...example only: :D

If I'm complaining about the amount of carbon the evil- industrial nation's spew into the atmosphere, and I intentionally omit "per million" in the "parts per million equation, then I'm making a liberal statement. If I include "per million" in the "PPM" equation, I've shown perspective.

The MSM rarely (if ever) puts anything into perspective.

Good post.

The media has blown their power into an agenda...

Here is an interesting article about the medias agenda, and its interesting that the Intercept is mostly liberally leaning....

The U.S. Media Suffered Its Most Humiliating Debacle in Ages and Now Refuses All Transparency Over What Happened

Interesting thread.

The great economist Joseph Schumpeter (I'm a fan) put it way better than I will ever be able to...on why we as humans are aweful at argument...

"So true is it that, in science as elsewhere, we fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them".
Joseph Schumpeter

It's my endeavor to look for and share as much perspective in the main topic as possible; you know, learning....:D

KATU just failed at it again; they raised the alarm because 80 homeless people died in PDX over the last 12 months...NO mention of any ratios; national average, people with homes, national mortality rate..oh, but it will garner more attention if there are taxes to be raised...

Oh my! Guns are everywhere! Everyone's dying from guns!
chicken-little.jpg

Here in yUK there is very little news, local or otherwise, about shootings, mainly because, in spite of all the US news hype, a gun-related news item is very rare.

Our current news headlines are taken up with a bunch of scrotes who set their neighbours' house afire, causing the death of four children...it's time like this that a gun would be mighty handy, used officially to take these 'people' off the face of the planet..

tac
According to my Surry living Irish cousin, it is because the state run media refuses to report or downplays any event that makes the government look bad. I had a friend in Luxembourg that worked broadcasting English radio into GB to bypass the censorship of the BBC.

"Two guns were found after baliffs attended Woolcock's address on June 15."
Does that mean the Police just came by his house and tried the door - went in - and searched it?

There are reasons our founding fathers came back to and put in place the 4th amendment. Although it should be "self evident" it is clearly not the case.

For reasons not made public, the bailiffs [who are authorised by court order to go to a property and seize goods to the value of the monies owed], went to his house and found it open. As law officers themselves, they were obliged to contact the police, who then entered the house and found the unsecured guns. They just might have been attending a crime scene of murder victims - they did not know, right?

No illegal entry was made, either by the bailiffs, or by the police officers, who were acting in the best interests of the home-owner by securing his home. In the normal event, they would have posted a PO there until the home-owner returned, but when firearms were found unsecured, they carried out a lawful seizure. Police here in yUK CAN force entry into a property, but only with the aid of a High Court Warrant issued for good reason. They cannot arrive at your doorstep and demand admission unless they have convincing proof that a crime is being committed.

It was mentioned that one of the conditions of legal possession in this country is that the gun or guns are kept in Home-office-approved secure storage when not in use. We all have to do this in order to comply - no guns on wall-racks here unless they are antique. Having broken the condition of retention they were taken off him, and he had to pay the penalty of breaking the law.

We don't have to like all these laws, but we have to live with them or take up another sport.

tac

some of you don't think, "news" is entertaining. . . . I don't agree. I am greatly entertained whenever Trump says something that causes the media to froth at the mouth!!!!!!!!

Sheldon

The product dispensed by the Lamestream Media (LSM) is not "news" and has nothing to do with keeping the Drooling Masses up to date on current events. The function of the LSM is to serve as the dispenser of agitprop for and unquestioning support of the DNC and the political agenda of the Left. The peons are finally waking up to this fact.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top