JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I use Google news as an amalgamator and have it customized for all kinds of topics, one of which is "Firearms".

The thing that I find interesting is in all the other topics in my news feed there are always enough local and national news headlines to more than fill the current slug they show me every day. For firearms though I would gather more than half of what I get is from outside of the United States.

My take is that while the "media" would like you to believe that firearms are a constant threat and the major evil in the US, There really is not enough national firearms related news daily to make much of an impact.

Anyway. Just thought it was interesting.

Yep, consider why so many people think about the main stream media; what they say, show, and do, has the significance that it does...

What happened in society; to make the MSM the authority on what is and what isn't important? Why does the MSM matter to so many of us?

The phenomena may be linked to the false-idea (by osmosis) that if something is on the boob tube (TV), it is famous, it must be true, it must be important. :oops:

Some people think a sporting event is true, the news is true....

If a news network has (for example) 12 million viewers during primetime news, that's no where near the 300 million+ living in the country. Add them all together and it doesn't pass 1/3.

The other (false) perception the MSM gives so we'll, is that they are on top of "the wave", their eye is on the "EKG, their ear is on the "stethoscope", they know what the entire country wants; their (fake) story is what the entire country wants to see.

Carefully crafting a false, insignificant, but easy to prove premise; playing on the tendency of inductive reasoning, and linking it to another premise they cannot prove.

Example:

"President Trump is suspected of eating Russian cusine during the election, this proves collusion..."

If I could, I would wave magic wand and erase all the brain-washing the TV and newspapers have done to our culture.

For firearms though I would gather more than half of what I get is from outside of the United States.

My take is that while the "media" would like you to believe that firearms are a constant threat and the major evil in the US, There really is not enough national firearms related news daily to make much of an impact.
lawful defensive gun use is very under-reported or not at all. Im curious though what kind of firearm related news from the outside are you getting?

Here in yUK there is very little news, local or otherwise, about shootings, mainly because, in spite of all the US news hype, a gun-related news item is very rare.

Our current news headlines are taken up with a bunch of scrotes who set their neighbours' house afire, causing the death of four children...it's time like this that a gun would be mighty handy, used officially to take these 'people' off the face of the planet..

tac

Its sad that the "news" is all about ratings and viewings... ( or so it seems )
If its :
Trendy...
Can generate views by how you spin the words...
Easily heard and repeated...
Chances of the story being repeated often enough that it "must" be true...
Sounds good coming from our empty headed , but sexy "reporters"...
Full of feel good and or exciting , but meaning less "buzzwords" and soundbites...
Then it makes the "news".

Our news is kinda like a top 40 pop song ...It might sound good the first 100 times you hear it and when you are ready to move to the next new thing...there it is...:eek::D
Andy

Easily heard and repeated...
Chances of the story being repeated often enough that it "must" be true...

That's called mass phycology! You tell a big enough lie and repeat it enough times, the masses begin to believe it is true. It all started with "Billy Boy" back in the 90's calling my semi auto AR15 an assault rifle. 25 years later that still stands.
Just like a single man packed the entire arsenal of weapons to a hotel room and never be suspected of anything and nobody saw him.

The unreported; millions and millions (perhaps a billion) of legal owners of firearms, edged weapons, and tactical gear did not commit a violent crime or let anything fall into the hands of the enemy today...

The MSM always...always fails to put their point into perspective. One example is the W.H.O. Global Mortality Rate; something like 150,000 people perish every day..
Thousands in the US every day..

The unreported; millions and millions (perhaps a billion) of legal owners of firearms, edged weapons, and tactical gear did not commit a violent crime or let anything fall into the hands of the enemy today...

The MSM always...always fails to put their point into perspective. One example is the WHO World Mortality Estimate; something like 150,000 people perish every day..
Thousands in the US every day..

That is not really fair... That would be like reporting on the tens of thousands of coffee makers that did not cause a fire today.

Firearms are inanimate objects and as such should not be the subject of much. They are just a machine, much like a coffee maker. There are plenty of machines in the world responsible for more deaths than firearms... Automobiles are the standout of course.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews