JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
According to my Surry living Irish cousin, it is because the state run media refuses to report or downplays any event that makes the government look bad. I had a friend in Luxembourg that worked broadcasting English radio into GB to bypass the censorship of the BBC.

Yes

Inoculation: I'm not defending the MSM, but is what the MSM does any different than what a sales associate does (or does not)?

A used car salesman (for one example) will rarely-ever (if ever) intentionally say or do anything that would or could discourage a potential buyer, from buying a car.

The MSM practices the same skill; they rarely (if ever) say or show anything that will work against their agenda.

The MSM should be a "public trust" entity; but it is anything-but.

A widely-circulated paper (PDF) on a CIA recruitment tool known as MICE to RASCALS vividly illustrates how to steer a person in the desired direction; it occurs to me those skills are widely used...;)

So I use Google news as an amalgamator and have it customized for all kinds of topics, one of which is "Firearms".

The thing that I find interesting is in all the other topics in my news feed there are always enough local and national news headlines to more than fill the current slug they show me every day. For firearms though I would gather more than half of what I get is from outside of the United States.

My take is that while the "media" would like you to believe that firearms are a constant threat and the major evil in the US, There really is not enough national firearms related news daily to make much of an impact.

Anyway. Just thought it was interesting.

That's interesting. And not really surprising I guess.

Another interesting thing I've noticed is that whenever any crime occurs that makes the news, they always IMMEDIATELY use the term, "Gunman". This is interesting to me because, generally speaking, the news does not refer to any suspected criminal based on the weapon that was used. You never hear of a suspect referred to as a "knifeman". It a person is accused of rape, they don't immediately call him a "rapist". They usually refer to them as a "suspect" or "the alleged..".

It seems to me that it IS a trend. As well as using terms like "Open Fired", and "cache of ammunition". If i have 4 boxes of ammo it will be referred to as "hundreds of rounds" and if I have two pistols and a 10/22 then it will be reffered to as a "cache" of semi-automatic weapons.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top