JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
181125_105103_17.jpg

There were reasons to be concerned with ADs in the past. And the reason for the standard loading manner for a single action revolver. Load one, skip one, load 4 more. This is what kept a loaded round from being in line with the hammer/firing pin.

Iver Johnson's Safety Automatics with the transfer bar changed this.

Cool ad.

I saw they had a 2nd and 3rd gen. honestly threw out a guess based on that. I figured I could be a decade off either way, I also knew if I dug it out of the hole, one of you would know the truth. And that is how much energy I will give in researching that;)

So if we used those years and split the difference to 1900, a dollar then was worth about $33.00 today so we'd have to pay $270.00 for that pistol in today's money. Unless my math is wrong and it usually is.
Your math seems fine but something doesn't add up. Just looking at a Ruger LCR as a comparable revolver and the MSRP on those is $700. Where's the difference coming from?

Something to consider with the ad is ....

Why didn't "Papa" teach his daughter not to touch the revolver , unless he was around...?

In any event...a cool ad from a different era with far different attitudes towards firearms and firearm owners.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads