JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
181125_105103_17.jpg

There were reasons to be concerned with ADs in the past. And the reason for the standard loading manner for a single action revolver. Load one, skip one, load 4 more. This is what kept a loaded round from being in line with the hammer/firing pin.

Iver Johnson's Safety Automatics with the transfer bar changed this.

Cool ad.

I saw they had a 2nd and 3rd gen. honestly threw out a guess based on that. I figured I could be a decade off either way, I also knew if I dug it out of the hole, one of you would know the truth. And that is how much energy I will give in researching that;)

So if we used those years and split the difference to 1900, a dollar then was worth about $33.00 today so we'd have to pay $270.00 for that pistol in today's money. Unless my math is wrong and it usually is.
Your math seems fine but something doesn't add up. Just looking at a Ruger LCR as a comparable revolver and the MSRP on those is $700. Where's the difference coming from?

Something to consider with the ad is ....

Why didn't "Papa" teach his daughter not to touch the revolver , unless he was around...?

In any event...a cool ad from a different era with far different attitudes towards firearms and firearm owners.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top