JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reminds me of those cigarette ads from back in my dad's days growing up, that promoted more doctors smoke a particular brand etc. Ads you'll never see again.
cigs.jpg

Food for thought, how times have changed. I absolutely agree with the part that says, "You may only need it once in your life..."

I don't agree that it's harmless in the hands of children. Yes, it wouldn't go off if dropped directly on the hammer. BUT: surely a child could cock the hammer, then pull the trigger.

The illustration of a child cradling a gun is enough to make contemporary gun-haters scream.

I've owned a couple of Iver-Johnsons over the years, both .22 Target Sealed Eights. These had a solid frame, the cylinder removed from the frame for loading by pulling the base pin out. They were made from about 1931 to 1957, with interruption for the war years. They are old-timey looking. My two had rather nice target style wood grips.

I think I've mentioned here before, one of my great uncles was a sheriff's deputy in Iowa. He carried an IJ Target Sealed Eight as a duty gun.

Reminds me of those cigarette ads from back in my dad's days growing up, that promoted more doctors smoke a particular brand etc. Ads you'll never see again.
That was why I used to really like that show MadMen. They did such a great job of how things were then. The scene of a Doctor walking in to see a patient with a cigarette in hand brought back memories of when this was common.

In the era of that ad, kids of her age probably knew more about firearm safety than most adults do these days.
They could also solve basic math equations, knew the names of each State Capitol, and could write a properly structured sentence.

Please God do not let him play with guns...Have seen the line of succession?
One potato, two potato, three potato…… WHORE!

At least people took their vaccines back then.
Hmmmm…. being coerced by governmental agencies to take an improperly vetted, irreversible, vaccine with a ton of ignored and covered up reported adverse effects AND that is starting to show signs of actually mutating human DNA…..

for a disease with a <0.5% mortality rate, that you can still contract, carry, and spread even after vaccination…. all paid for by the American taxpayer to the most "ethical" pharmaceutical corporation in history….

Who in the past has paid MULTIPLE BILLIONS in fines for shady practices (i.e. mass opioid addiction).

Yeah, lemme get right on that. o_O:rolleyes:

At least in those days, they knew how to make a vaccine that WAS a vaccine.

All they're making is hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars in their corporate bank accounts.

Last Edited:
Back in the days of cocaine in Coca-Cola, Headache meds were 1/10 straight up opium, weight loss pills were methamphetamines, smoking cured ailments and "hysterical paroxysm" was a thing.

We've definitely come a long way since then.
I had to look up "hysterical paroxysm" and read that in extreme cases women underwent surgical hysterectomy for what was essentially normal functioning female sexuality. Crazy...

Too bad I can't drop by my local apothecary and pick up a tincture of opium for the weekend. That'd be pretty sweet. 😆

That was why I used to really like that show MadMen. They did such a great job of how things were then. The scene of a Doctor walking in to see a patient with a cigarette in hand brought back memories of when this was common.
You just took the words out of my typing fingers.

We had that Mad Men entire series on discs and enjoyed it. The series was donated to the library after many, many viewings.

I always enjoyed the Marlboro ads with the cowboy riding a horse.

Cate

Last Edited:
Your math seems fine but something doesn't add up. Just looking at a Ruger LCR as a comparable revolver and the MSRP on those is $700. Where's the difference coming from?
A Taurus 65 is about $400 and a much better gun. If you're willing to spend $20 and half an hour, you can lighten the springs to the point where the trigger feels really good.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top