JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After shooting a buddy's P229 Legion with the big green front sight I'd like to install a set of night sights on my Glock 19. Is this something one can tackle themselves, or something that needs to be left to a gunsmith?

IMG_1965.JPG
Awesome, now to find the sights :)
I like the looks of these :cool:

Meprolight R4E Sight Set Glock 17 19 22 23 34 35 Steel Tritium Green

i ground down one of my snap on sockets to fit the front sight and then used a steel punch with a 22lr shell on the end of it (to make it a brass punch :D) and a soft hammer.

although the method i used works and didnt break or bend anything, i recommend using the proper sight pushing tool.

You can also buy the front sight bit driver on Amazon pretty cheap. Just search for glock front sight tool or "3/16" precision nut driver.
A sight pusher is nice for the rear but you can do it with a hard wood dowel or brass punch. I may have done it with whatever I had lying around (screw driver maybe) before. Just use gentle taps and have the gun on a solid surface.

If velzey can't help you with a big old steel punch and 3lb sledge then come on over lol

Seriously, just take it to him, there's a reason(s) we don't use punches and hammers on sights, although it IS a Glock lol

If you are out in the Hillsboro area stop by the shop, we can swap Glock sights in about 2 minutes. No charge for nwf members. You will need to wait a day to shoot it though, since the loctite will need some curing time.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews