JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After shooting a buddy's P229 Legion with the big green front sight I'd like to install a set of night sights on my Glock 19. Is this something one can tackle themselves, or something that needs to be left to a gunsmith?

IMG_1965.JPG
Awesome, now to find the sights :)
I like the looks of these :cool:

Meprolight R4E Sight Set Glock 17 19 22 23 34 35 Steel Tritium Green

i ground down one of my snap on sockets to fit the front sight and then used a steel punch with a 22lr shell on the end of it (to make it a brass punch :D) and a soft hammer.

although the method i used works and didnt break or bend anything, i recommend using the proper sight pushing tool.

You can also buy the front sight bit driver on Amazon pretty cheap. Just search for glock front sight tool or "3/16" precision nut driver.
A sight pusher is nice for the rear but you can do it with a hard wood dowel or brass punch. I may have done it with whatever I had lying around (screw driver maybe) before. Just use gentle taps and have the gun on a solid surface.

If velzey can't help you with a big old steel punch and 3lb sledge then come on over lol

Seriously, just take it to him, there's a reason(s) we don't use punches and hammers on sights, although it IS a Glock lol

If you are out in the Hillsboro area stop by the shop, we can swap Glock sights in about 2 minutes. No charge for nwf members. You will need to wait a day to shoot it though, since the loctite will need some curing time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top