Installing night sights on a Glock

After shooting a buddy's P229 Legion with the big green front sight I'd like to install a set of night sights on my Glock 19. Is this something one can tackle themselves, or something that needs to be left to a gunsmith?

just a little patience, the right little socket tool, & even those of use with prehensile thumbs can almost manage the task.

Good luck.

v0lcom13sn0w

Reactions
i ground down one of my snap on sockets to fit the front sight and then used a steel punch with a 22lr shell on the end of it (to make it a brass punch :D) and a soft hammer.

although the method i used works and didnt break or bend anything, i recommend using the proper sight pushing tool.

PBinWA

Reactions
You can also buy the front sight bit driver on Amazon pretty cheap. Just search for glock front sight tool or "3/16" precision nut driver.
A sight pusher is nice for the rear but you can do it with a hard wood dowel or brass punch. I may have done it with whatever I had lying around (screw driver maybe) before. Just use gentle taps and have the gun on a solid surface.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Great work threading Tikka barrel
    I dropped off my Tikka to have Tim thread the stainless barrel. GREAT work. Excellent communications. Highly recommend Tim. Very good value for...
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Helpful and Handy
    I have shopped, transferred, bought, browsed, or merely stopped in for a friendly hello or two, and every time without fail I left feeling better...
    • 10mm
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Definitely recommended
    friendly people, great prices on guns ammo tools, jewelry, other pawn shop stuff, always been easy to deal with
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Responsive, courteous, great comms and absolutely reasonable!
    Bought a firearm from a local NWF's member and as I live in Idaho it had to transfer through a local FFL. The Seller picked A Cut Above... The...
Top Bottom