JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
been awhile since i been on. was going to request to have firearms rights under ORS 166.274 but when i was calling around to find out where to have the sherrif mult co served with my petition the person on the other end said it didnt sound like i was barred from getting said permit due to past minor criminal record. called the clerks at the concealed weapons permit dept and both of them verified what i had was not a reason to deny me, that i was fine.
What my concern is, is that though my record of pcs arrest / dismissed 17 years ago, and DUII 15 years ago do not bar me from getting concealed weapons permit, i have concerns about section 2 of ORS 166.293

denial or revocation of license

) Notwithstanding ORS 166.291 (Issuance of concealed handgun license) (1), and subject to review as provided in subsection (5) of this section, a sheriff may deny a concealed handgun license if the sheriff has reasonable grounds to believe that the applicant has been or is reasonably likely to be a danger to self or others, or to the community at large, as a result of the applicants mental or psychological state or as demonstrated by the applicants past pattern of behavior involving unlawful violence or threats of unlawful violence.
5 years was taken to detox by portland police, no complaint, no charge, was just drunk lol. portland police show a contact for that. My question is does anyone know how deep multnomah counties background check go, will they see this. i got the record of my contacts with portland police from the police dept and it shows. the lady said the local police depts share the same system but other depts can see if there was a contact with another dept, but not the details of the contact.

i guess my big question is how hard does mult co dig. i know they do the federal, an state, but do they get the records of all the cities u have lived in. my concern is that sherrif will deny permit claiming that duii 15 years ago, and a trip to detox 5 years ago are a pattern that shows im a threat lol.

Anyone know of people who been denied, for similiar reasons, or know how far mult co digs in its records, info is appreciated. i know i can appeal decision, jsut hope they dont see it in the first place.

You mean having CONVICTIONS of any violent acts. Anyone can be "charged" with anything at any time and it doesn't mean a thing until you're convicted.

I caught a guy breaking into my house in 1990, thrashed the hell out of him and broke his back (he lived, and was able to walk eventually). A couple months later the cops came to my house with a warrant issued from the DA who decided to charge me with menacing and assault. Both Class-A misdemeanor crimes, one step below a felony.

The charges were dismissed by the judge, but I still have a mug shot and arrest record in the system. I have never had any issues purchasing from a FFL using a Form 4473 and NICS background check, nor any issues getting my Oregn CHL, Washington CPL, or FBI security clearances to work in senstive areas of their facilities.

I would deny you based on your inability to use the [Shift] key, punctuation and poor grammar.

Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, none of those are valid reasons to exclude you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top