JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Update on the Neal Creek clean-up that is schedule for this Saturday. I/we are going to postpone until mid April. Went up there Sunday morning and there was about 8 inches of frozen snow with it snowing. With the cold weather at night it isnt going to melt in time.
Will update when I get a final date set.
Thank you
Craig

Central Oregon... We're coming for you! China Hat.

April 8th, '23, we're joining up with "Public Land Stewards of Bend" and Deschutes National Forest for a cleanup along China Hat Rd. TNL will primarily be working on the cinder cone shooting pits. This should be a big one as they are anticipating over 100 people. It's a great opportunity to show how target shooters are concerned and responsible. It will also be remembered as they set plans for developing the area for various recreational activities. So I hope we have a good showing of shooters to represent our sport.

I recall a few names from the 2020 cleanup we did down by LaPine and wonder if they are still around and would like to attend...
@RVTECH , @oremike , @Greenbug ,@tdb59 ,@parsons_12b , @Lesliet , @uberguy & @HappyChemtrail . I'm sure I missed a few. Let me know what the 8th looks like for you.

I'll draw up the details and post an event notice real soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other April events are:
April 22nd at Neal Creek Pit, just South of Stayton, OR. https://www.trashnoland.org/neal-creek-quarry-cleanup-se-of-stayton-or/ (just rescheduled to April 22nd)
April 29th at Yacolt Burn State Forest in SW WA. https://www.trashnoland.org/2023-pick-up-the-burn-event/

Hey Bill @Cogs ,Will you have coordinates to this China Hat clean-up soon? I'd like to see exactly where you're talking about.
Yeah, Mike. We'll be focusing on about 3 pits; Horse Butte, Coyote Butte and the other one nearby. This is not the meeting location, but is the GPS for Horse Butte:

G Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/PvFvSAVYUjzieyGZ6
GPS: 43.976666, -121.229803

I'm waiting to hear of the GPS of the morning meeting location and I'll put that in the event info. Then we'll drive up to the pits.

New date for the cleanup: APRIL 22ND, EARTH DAY!

Neal Creek 2023 Apr 22.jpg

Full details on the Trash No Land Upcoming Events page.

April 8th!!! Have you signed up yet?

The total event has a volunteer cap of 150 people. With 2 weeks to go, there are 100 signed up! So, best sign up right away! The Trash No Land group is Group 7 and we can handle 50 in our group!

The organization on this event is awesome! In the next 2 weeks, crews will be out there with heavy equipment removing abandon vehicles. A final prep meeting will be on April 5th. Crew leaders are scouting their zones and mapping trash locations. Multiple people are taking on multiple tasks to assure the event runs smooth.

Ready? GO!

China Hat Rd, Bend OR Cleanup

Cabin Butte Group 7 TNL.png

Introducing...
The Trash No Land Event Trailer!

Fresh off the assembly line from down in Independence, OR, The Trash No Land Event Trailer! Just picked it up today. I love it!

It's a 2023 Cargo Mate 6x12 with a 4" lift, 6 1/2 feet ceiling height, Battery & interior lights, extra windows, stabilizer jacks, spare tire, tongue lock, and an RV style side entry door. The back doors are Barn door style because a ramp takes up space behind the trailer and we often need that space for parking other vehicles at some of these events. We don't have rolling items to load/unload either.

I bought it from Rivers West Trailers, Woodland. I had shopped all the Portland Metro places and they seemed to have a really good price. My sales guy, Clint, was great to work with, as well as, the owner and his son (pictured below).

How did we do it? A private nonprofit Foundation gifted us with a grant for $10,000 designated for the purchase of an enclosed cargo trailer. The base trailer cost $5095 and I added the options for a total of $6884 with tax and title fees. In 2020. that Foundation gifted us with $10k for General Funds, in 2021 they gave us $25K for General Funds & video equipment, and at the end of '22 they did this. I ordered the trailer in mid Dec and just got it today. We can't count on their gifts every year, as they donate to many organization and say they don't always give to the same ones each year. But wow! What a blessing it has been!

Here's the plan... From the side door, I build a partition wall that separates the front 3 feet from the back. When you enter the through the side door, you enter into a bathroom! Yes, a mobile restroom! Complete with RV holding tanks and running water to the sink and toilet (sorry, cold water only!). The back is planned for shelving to hold all the standard stuff needed for the events. The restroom is because the ladies and children don't have a place to 'GO' like guys do. We just used the trees and dig a hole. But our lady volunteer friends deserve better than that. I'll make it a nice restroom!

So now the fun begins! Get the divider wall in place and set up the cargo area shelving, get the signs on, load it up and get this thing ready to roll. The restroom will happen over time, but not a priority yet (many cleanups on schedule, so I won't have a lot of time to stay on it).

Bill

3-25-23 Rivers West Trailer.jpg 3-25-23 Trailer Day 1.jpg

Needless to say, I am very grateful for a Foundation who will support a nonprofit that has to do with GUNS! :D

The registration for the China Hat Rd cleanup, in Bend on April 8th at Cabin Butte shooting area, is now full. They had a cap of 50 volunteers for our Trash No Land Group #7. All 6 other groups are capped at 20 volunteers each and are also full. That makes 170 total volunteers already signed up! Wow!

TNL's next cleanup will be at the Neal Creek shooting pit just SE of Stayton, OR on April 22nd.
Info: Neal Creek Quarry Cleanup

Last one for April will be the 29th in SW Washington, "Pick Up The Burn", in the Yacolt Burn State Forest just East of Battle Ground, WA.
Info: 2023 Pick Up The Burn

May 20th is the date for the North Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes cleanup. Details coming soon.

So far, June will have 1 cleanup in the Sultan Basin area WA on Sunday, June 4th. Details coming soon. It will be a joint cleanup with Washington Hunters & Anglers organization.

Event Trailer Build update... (I know it's a little early for an update, but I got so excited that I actually did something, can't help but show it! :) )

Pics tell the story.

I'm done for a couple weeks now. A cleanup in Bend on the 8th and then I'm home to continue the build in the cargo area. The TNL signs should be done this week and I should have some pics by then.

Bill

Looks great Bill. You need a fold down bunk and no more wet nights. Hopefully no snow in China Hat.
I have a pwan fer dat fold down bed. Not sure if it will all fit, but still sinking about it. (My Japanese friend always told me to 'sink'. He'd say, while pointing at his head... "Sinking, Sinking... Allllways Sinking!"). So I always give it a little thought and sink about him.

Dang. That Bend cleanup was awesome!

I made it home at 7 PM, so I hope to have some pics tomorrow. You wouldn't believe the volume of trash we removed from the forest! (Or maybe you would believe it if you know the China Hat area!). I'm very impressed!

It's history! It was a good deed indeed!

The story is on my blog at: Public Land Stewards and Trash No Land April 8, 2023

Nearly 200 Volunteers
37 Vehicles Removed (100k + pounds)
60,000+ pounds of trash hauled to the Knott Landfill
5,000+ pounds of scrap metal taken to recycling
2,000+ pounds of hazmat and tires
4 Debris dumpsters yet to be weighed.

Wow, what an effort!

A couple of those Buttes are real good shooting spots. Cabin Butte, where we cleaned up and Coyote Butte. We didn't get to cleanup Coyote, but it sure needed it!

The stories and pics are starting to show up of social media stuff. Videos to come soon.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top