JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Change happens! This change should be for the good of recreational target practice on public lands...

A Target Shooter's New Years Resolution
Ring in new year.jpg

Happy New Years. Great day up Neal Creek. Busier than Washington Square on Black Friday. Came home with a big load of junk and trash. Probably using the lawn rake to get the glass is over the top but it sure looked good when done. People were commenting on how bad it is is getting but not seeing people get out and help. A lot of house hold trash. Found a small trailer camp of people that look like they are living up there. Too many people at the quarry but going to try to get some organized for up there soon.
IMG_7028(1).jpg IMG_7029.jpg 20230101_133218.jpg 20230101_144644.jpg 20230101_144707.jpg IMG_7033.jpg

Happy New Years. Great day up Neal Creek. Busier than Washington Square on Black Friday. Came home with a big load of junk and trash. Probably using the lawn rake to get the glass is over the top but it sure looked good when done. People were commenting on how bad it is is getting but not seeing people get out and help. A lot of house hold trash. Found a small trailer camp of people that look like they are living up there. Too many people at the quarry but going to try to get some organized for up there soon.
View attachment 1339095View attachment 1339096View attachment 1339100View attachment 1339099View attachment 1339098View attachment 1339097
Looks like the back parking lot of the store Wifey works at. Well, minus the carcass.
I suggested seeing if there was any paper work to ID who's mess it was. But this is potland, no one at city hall/PPD care.

Another day, another load from Neal Creek. Not as much today. Got blown off the mountain and really wet towards the end. Might not be right place but who would be up for a February clean up date of the main quarry.
IMG_7061.jpg IMG_7058.jpg IMG_7057.jpg 20230105_160635.jpg 20230105_132933.jpg 20230105_132931.jpg 20230105_132928.jpg

Another day, another load from Neal Creek. Not as much today. Got blown off the mountain and really wet towards the end. Might not be right place but who would be up for a February clean up date of the main quarry.
View attachment 1340975View attachment 1340976View attachment 1340977View attachment 1340978View attachment 1340979View attachment 1340980View attachment 1340981
What's it taking to get like that again after you guys have spiffed it up? A month and a half? bubblegum!

Normally less than a month in the higher use areas. It is sad. As Bill can attest to, everyone you talk to says: "I always take out more than I bring in". Yet here we are. Part that gets me is there is hardly a .22 shell to be found

Normally less than a month in the higher use areas. It is sad. As Bill can attest to, everyone you talk to says: "I always take out more than I bring in". Yet here we are. Part that gets me is there is hardly a .22 shell to be found
Always looking at your post on this a lot of the garbage is now (Last three years) from the homeless scum. Note: Not saying ALL homeless are scum! Those that dump their bubblegum up there certainly are. :(

Your help is needed to solve the case of the Nakia Creek Fire in the Yacolt Burn State Forest on Sunday, Oct. 9 at approximately 3:30 pm, 2022. Hopefully, this reward will help get some answers!

Press release from Crime Stoppers of Oregon released today, Jan 18th, '23... We want to find the ones responsible for starting the fire. Share, share, share! I'm hoping this will spread and we get some results!

From the video, it looks like one fire was already started, and then they shot another firework off (at least it looks like fireworks, by the sound and visual smoke off the front side of the car). This is SO obviously 'Not Cool' recreational activity in such a dry weather situation (fireworks is not cool anytime on public lands)!

I hope they get the results they are after and hope it sends a message to everyone to be mindful of what you do when recreating on public land.

I posted it to the Trash No Land Facebook page and other recreational groups are posting it too. Lots of private property owners, near or in the Yacolt Burn, are also wanting justice. We all hope for positive results.

If you are on Facebook, here's the post I made on the Trash No Land FB page and is shareable from there:
https://www.facebook.com/trashnolan...NPlrEIvcMkrviy7rd_pcRPymUbIO5TI&__tn__=,O,P-R

Bill

Our next cleanup...

EDIT... DATE CHANGE!!!!!

DUE TO WEATHER, THIS EVENT HAS BEEN MOVED 2 WEEKS DOWN THE ROAD!!!

NEW CLEANUP DATE IS:

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Come and show your Stewardship & Respect for our Great Outdoors!

To prevent this site from closing to recreational target practice, we need to keep it clean and recreate responsibly.

The trash is primarily from illegal dumping over the edge of the parking area, however, some target shooting trash has been left behind by a few who don't respect and protect our favorite places to shoot.

This event is dependent on NO SNOW conditions. If snow, it's a no go!

Neal Creek Quarry Cleanup

Neal Creek 2023 Edited bc.jpg

Last Edited:
Work Smarter, not Harder! That's what I'm thinkin!

Pert near every cleanup has a bank with trash down the side, and there's always someone who ventures down to get it (gotta love 'em!). But then they have to carry or drag the bag, one at a time, up the embankment. Then back down for another bag. That's working harder!

So, here's my solution... A utility sled.
Sled Example.jpg
Pull it up by hand or hook on the winch. 3-4 bags in 1 haul.
I bought 2.

One is a Shappell Jet Sled SUV Ice Fishing 44 long x 32 wide x 10 deep:
Shappell Jet Sled SUV Ice Fishing.jpg
The other one is a Shappell Jet Sled Kodiak 54 long x 25 wide x 11 deep:
Shappell Jet Sled Kodiak.jpg
I have a winch on my truck, but it'd be better to have a 2nd winch for the 2nd sled. There's a lot of bank to cover!

So let me know if you're bringing your wench! (Winch. Dang Auto-Correct!) :)

This last week, I finished up my 2 year commitment to the WA RCO on the advisory committee for Firearms and Archery Range Recreation program (FARR).

Several nice projects coming up this year, including a couple dispersed shooting improvements on WDFW lands and several existing range upgrades.

The final wrap will be Feb 23rd when we meet to hear the results. I'm hoping all will be approved!

Here's more info on the RCO FARR advisory committee:

Trash No Land President fulfills volunteer service with the RCO

2-16-23 Evaluation Mtg 1.png

Cheeks & Irrel are mixing it up with a shooter who is about to put his target on a tree!

Here's Episode I, "Targets on Trees".

Enjoy!

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" title="Episode I Targets on Trees" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Cheeks & Irrel are mixing it up with a shooter who is about to put his target on a tree!

Here's Episode I, "Targets on Trees".

Enjoy!

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" title="Episode I Targets on Trees" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>​
This is my first episode of Cheeks & Irrel.

Each episode will highlight a certain discipline in responsible target shooting on public lands. Each one will feature Cheeks & Irrel and each will showcase their silliness and singing attributes.

My hope is that it delivers the message, retains viewership and helps to cause change. oh, and I hope they chuckle along the way!

It's on the Trash No Land YouTube page, TNL Facebook page, and the TNL website Videos page.

So, let me know if you think this series has the potential to get our message across!

Thanks,
Bill

This is my first episode of Cheeks & Irrel.

Each episode will highlight a certain discipline in responsible target shooting on public lands. Each one will feature Cheeks & Irrel and each will showcase their silliness and singing attributes.

My hope is that it delivers the message, retains viewership and helps to cause change. oh, and I hope they chuckle along the way!

It's on the Trash No Land YouTube page, TNL Facebook page, and the TNL website Videos page.

So, let me know if you think this series has the potential to get our message across!

Thanks,
Bill
Entertaining, got the message across in a whimsical way. It captured my attention, but then again I like shined things…. Squirrel…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top