JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, a real tweeker city!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Good job peeps!!!
Yeah, and they had quite the challenge trying to communicate, about this cleanup, to the homeless people there! Not too cooperative!

Thank goodness we were only doing the shooting pit part. No homeless, no needles, no poop piles. Just like a regular cleanup for us.

One lady, at a pickup camper, said okay take the camper. It was her son's camper and he was in jail on a felony charge. She asked for a few hours of time so she could remove a generator, drum set and telescope. So, they said okay, they'll be back by late afternoon. She, being 'Meth'd out', fell asleep and didn't remove anything. So the PLS guys said they'll remove it and bring it back. Nice guys, but all that stuff was probably stolen in the first place.

Another guy, at the Chop Shop location (the first big homeless camp with most of the abandoned vehicles), put up a fuss about a pickup he wanted to keep. He had to go to court on a felony charge and came back to say they dropped the charges so he can stay and wanted to keep the truck (all beat up with missing wheels and loaded with junk parts in the back). The sheriff's dept had tagged it for removal, so it was destined to disappear. The dude was not happy!

It was not a pretty sight at some of those camps! Sure glad I didn't have to do it!

Hi All,
Just a reminder the Neal Creek clean up is this coming Saturday a 9am. Location is East of Scio. It is paved all the way except the 200 yards into the quarry which is your basic gravel logging road so no issues for cars. Hope you can make it. If you have any questions, send me a message.
Thank you
Craig

1681704229156.png

Hi All,
Just a reminder the Neal Creek clean up is this coming Saturday a 9am. Location is East of Scio. It is paved all the way except the 200 yards into the quarry which is your basic gravel logging road so no issues for cars. Hope you can make it. If you have any questions, send me a message.
Thank you
Craig

View attachment 1405846
I'll be there with a hot dog lunch for everyone.

Pick Up The Burn is happening tomorrow, Sat the 29th. This is the big one with all recreation groups represented. It'd be great to have the shooting community well represented too!

We'll focus on the Arrowhead Pit. DNR is covering the dumpsters & disposal. They are also cooking a lunch and we're doing free raffle prizes.

Yacolt Burn State Forest. 8 AM sign-in, 9 AM meeting, 12:30 lunch & prizes.

Details @: 2023 Pick Up The Burn Event

Pick Up The Burn is happening tomorrow, Sat the 29th. This is the big one with all recreation groups represented. It'd be great to have the shooting community well represented too!

We'll focus on the Arrowhead Pit. DNR is covering the dumpsters & disposal. They are also cooking a lunch and we're doing free raffle prizes.

Yacolt Burn State Forest. 8 AM sign-in, 9 AM meeting, 12:30 lunch & prizes.

Details @: 2023 Pick Up The Burn Event
Unfortunately I will not be able to make this one since that band that cancelled on me when I could have attended the Bend clean-up has rescheduled for this weekend . . . if they cancel on me again, they'll not be getting a photo shoot, at least not from me :D

Thanks for joining us, @Jay Walk ! I'm glad you introduced yourself!

We cleaned up the Arrowhead Shooting pit.

My report of what went down is now posted on the Trash No Land Blog:
https://www.trashnoland.org/report-on-pick-up-the-burn-23-cleanup/
4-29-23 PUB Arrowhead Cover.jpg
That's @6Corsa6 and his daughter's in the Cover! Thanks for joining us!

Also in attendance were @Rem700..300 and his wife Tracy, some of Craig & Tracy's family, @WrenchNguns and his son. (Hope I didn't miss anyone else!).

Wow, we really spiffed that place up!

Tracy and I did a little cleaning up on Mary's Peak this morning. Didnt quite make sunrise but close. We picked up the parking lot and down past the gate at the quarry. The quarry is a little junky. Went down the 3000 line picking up the landings and along the road. The gravel pad wasnt horrible but spiffed it up. I left 1 metal framed target set up. It was actually nice.
With a half empty trailer we headed over to the abandon homeless camp on the big gravel pad. We bagged up stuff untill the trailer was really full and called it quits for the day. As we were told there is a ton of stuff in the trees also. I am thinking about 5 more trailer loads to get the gravel pad clean. More loads for the stuff in the trees.
Need a place to haul the appliances that deals with the freon. I asked BLM so hopefully. 20230512_065641.jpg
Great weather though.
20230512_071858.jpg 20230512_082237.jpg 20230512_090657.jpg 20230512_090712.jpg 20230512_093521.jpg 20230512_093635.jpg 20230512_101644.jpg 20230512_101704.jpg
Small area but loaded the trailer. Amazing how much stuff is there.

20230512_132943.jpg

Tracy and I did a little cleaning up on Mary's Peak this morning. Didnt quite make sunrise but close. We picked up the parking lot and down past the gate at the quarry. The quarry is a little junky. Went down the 3000 line picking up the landings and along the road. The gravel pad wasnt horrible but spiffed it up. I left 1 metal framed target set up. It was actually nice.
With a half empty trailer we headed over to the abandon homeless camp on the big gravel pad. We bagged up stuff untill the trailer was really full and called it quits for the day. As we were told there is a ton of stuff in the trees also. I am thinking about 5 more trailer loads to get the gravel pad clean. More loads for the stuff in the trees.
Need a place to haul the appliances that deals with the freon. I asked BLM so hopefully.View attachment 1421097
Great weather though.
View attachment 1421087
That is really cool, love that. We try and do our part each time, take away twice what we come with.
I don't live near there. But Thank You !

Most of the stuff in the trees like the hutches are straight from the 80's. I am sure most is stolen. Heck, we had 4 vacuum cleaners in the trailer today. No less than 6 air conditioning units and a freezer will need to be hauled.
Someone purged the good stuff sometime between elk season and now.

Most of the stuff in the trees like the hutches are straight from the 80's. I am sure most is stolen. Heck, we had 4 vacuum cleaners in the trailer today. No less than 6 air conditioning units and a freezer will need to be hauled.
Someone purged the good stuff sometime between elk season and now.
I can guide you through recycling of the AC units, if you like. Those coils can bring you some cash, when cut out of the cabinet. But first, you gotta check for any refrigerant in the system. You don't want a big surprise when you cut into them! If there is, you'll need to recover the refrigerant first and foremost, and you need the right (expensive) machine to do it (like the one in my work van).

At least I can help you identify if there's any refrigerant in them or not. Just let me know and I'll help you check it yourself. We'll see where we go from there.

Bill

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads