JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FIRE SAFETY IN TARGET SHOOTING.

If you have to go shooting on public land during the fire season, you really need to be on your toes about fire safety!

Read up on how fires can start, what can easily happen and how to be fire safe.

Don't go unprepared! It's just not worth the risk!

I just read that the tillamook forrest will be closed to motorized vehicles and campfires. Any more info on that?
Nothing about target shooting yet. I wouldn't doubt it if it happened any time now, but actually, they were the last ones to shut down shooting last year, and that didn't last for very long. ODF is pretty good to shooters on state lands (at least more friendly than USFS and WA State!).

I just read that the tillamook forrest will be closed to motorized vehicles and campfires. Any more info on that?
Best place to learn of that, besides here in this thread or Trash No Land website, is the ODF Tillamook Blog for Target Shooting. That's one of the very first places they post notifications about shooting closures. Subscribe to that blog and you'll receive emails when they add something to it.

(Same with the Trash No Land Blog... any notifications about shooting on public lands are always posted there first).

Bill

Just saw it. Posted on Facebook 2 hrs ago. Copy/Paste from their website page...

"Motor vehicles, campfires banned on eastern portion of Tillamook State Forest due to extreme fire danger

• August 10, 2021
  • ODF Public Affairs
  • no responses.

FOREST GROVE, Ore. — With fire danger rising across northwest Oregon, use of motorized vehicles and all campfires will be prohibited on the eastern portion of the Tillamook State Forest and state forest lands in the Sunday Creek area of Yamhill County and in Columbia County around Camp Wilkerson, with limited exceptions, effective at 1 a.m. Wednesday, August 11. This impacts the following areas of the Tillamook State Forest:

• On Highway 26 from milepost 29 (Sunset Rest Area) east
  • Highway 6 from milepost 25 (Kings Mountain Trailhead) east..."

Here's the link to their website page about it...

https://oregonforestry.wpengine.com/2021/08/10/motor-vehicles-campfires-banned-on-eastern-portion-of-tillamook-state-forest-due-to-extreme-fire-danger/?fbclid=IwAR14_GMRdyqysXmDPXsAaqo_zlz3EWkd-Eo2ykb4nd57rheVR1pw8A8V_kU

There are some exceptions, but I don't see North Fork Wolf Creek Rd as one of them.

I see the closure starts at Mile Post 29, Sunset Rest area and extends East. That's just AFTER the Wolf Creek Rd access, meaning, North Fork Wolf Creek Rd is closed tomorrow at 1 AM. They have a gate there.

I see the closure starts at Mile Post 29, Sunset Rest area and extends East. That's just AFTER the Wolf Creek Rd access, meaning, North Fork Wolf Creek Rd is closed tomorrow at 1 AM. They have a gate there.
That will also include the Salmonberry Rd area.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top