JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
See? We The People can't be trusted on or own public land. I predicted it would come down to this, this year. What's instore in the future? Pay stations where all must stop? Inspection stations? Show your vaccine papers? Gates on ALL dirt roads leading into public lands?

Glad I'm 66. You younger ones have a whole different world coming to you that what I had the opportunity to enjoy the hell out of!

Last Edited:
Come join Oregon Hunters Association Columbia County Chapter for a cleanup of the West side of Sauvie Island!

SUNDAY AUG 22ND, 9 AM. MEET AT THE GROCERY STORE JUST OVER THE BRIDGE.

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/sNoUmzQSdYezs4mA7
GPS: 45°37'52.4"N 122°49'00.3"W

Bring gloves, outdoor wear, magnets, pickers, some extra trash bags if you have them, and a stewards heart!

All are welcome! Recommend children be of age 12 or older and with adult supervision, as there may be hazardous materials and sharp objects.

Good times and good deeds to come with Oregon Hunters Association Columbia County Chapter!!!

OHA Columbia Co Cleanup Sign.jpg

Sauvie Island Westside Unit Map 2020.png Sauvie Island OHA Cleanup.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 19.jpg

Come join Oregon Hunters Association Columbia County Chapter for a cleanup of the West side of Sauvie Island!

SUNDAY AUG 22ND, 9 AM. MEET AT THE GROCERY STORE JUST OVER THE BRIDGE.

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/sNoUmzQSdYezs4mA7
GPS: 45°37'52.4"N 122°49'00.3"W

Bring gloves, outdoor wear, magnets, pickers, some extra trash bags if you have them, and a stewards heart!

All are welcome! Recommend children be of age 12 or older and with adult supervision, as there may be hazardous materials and sharp objects.

Good times and good deeds to come with Oregon Hunters Association Columbia County Chapter!!!

This is where we meet new friends, make some new contacts, do something good for our wildlife and environment, and help improve our places to hunt and shoot.

Looking forward to meeting all who attend tomorrow!

Overcast low-60 degree weather (rain/sprinkles over by 7a) - a chance to scope out some the blinds - Sure, I'm in for the morning! (and no where near the clothing optional beach).

I'll bring a magnet, bucket, and some garbage bags.

Had a nice time with OHA Columbia County Chapter today. It took a while but finally filled up a trailer full!

Was really nice to see such little trash around the hunting areas. The general speculation was:

• Perhaps the shortage of ammo kept many people from shooting,
  • Those who have been shooting are really good stewards,
  • Perhaps some other group recently did a cleanup?
The trap range area, we had helped OHA Col Co rebuild in 2019, only had about 8-10 spent shotgun hulls, no trash and 1 unspent 20 gauge shell (which was new and I kept!). A few of the duck blinds had some hulls laying around but not bad! And a few popular picnic & hiking areas were void of trash.

We did, however, find a couch and recliner dumped along the roadway. In addition, a huge amount of cardboard and styrofoam was recently dumped just after the couch.

A little light rain in the morning but subsided long enough to complete our mission.

No one had steel shot shotgun shells, so, we didn't do any clay shooting. BUMMER!!! (I shopped 3 different stores and didn't find any!).

One other NWFA member joined us, @when_DM_smiles (Darrell). He is a great guy to get to know! We shared some good stories and long walks. Thanks, man!

Thanks Bill! It was a fun and productive day. Appreciate Trash No Land's stewardship of our public resources. Also, a shoutout to Oregon Hunters Association Columbia County. What a great group!

Count me in again for next time.

The wife and I spent Friday morning up at the quarry on Upper Neal Creek road. We spent the morning picking up a pile of metal. It filled the trailer. Not sure if people are dumping it up there or burning furniture. A lot of metal from burning tires also. Not sure if someone picked up my 2 bags of garbage that I left last weekend or burned them but they were gone. Somebody definitely had a bon-fire up there in the last 7 days. The rest of the morning we spent picking up the quarry from the main road to the edge of the of where it starts to dip down. We pulled diapers out of trees and picked up a lot of house hold type garbage also along with the normal shooting trash. Yes call me crazy but took the lawn rake with us. Cleans up around the fire pits and other areas a lot easier. Over the edge on the sides of the pit is still bad. Need my boots on to get that so waiting for cooler weather. We worked till noon. Still more to do up there. Have to say it does look a lot better though. Drier than a popcorn fart also. It was garbage day today and managed to disperse a pick up load of trash bags in the neighbor's trash cans up the road so no dump fees. Taking the metal to Burcham's in Albany tomorrow. One of these days we might actually get to shot a few rounds ourselves. Attached are a few before and after shots. Not sure why there is such a dumping problem between people that shoot and the general public. I know dump/garbage fees are off the charts but won't get into that discussion here. 20210903_094558.jpg 20210903_114333.jpg 20210903_114341.jpg 20210903_114502.jpg 20210903_114333.jpg 20210903_114341.jpg 20210903_114512.jpg 20210903_115727.jpg 20210903_115741.jpg 20210903_114326.jpg 20210903_094605.jpg

It sure is a never ending cycle.
Thank you both for making g the drive all the way up here to help out on our clean up.
Looks like you did a great job on the clean up there.

Mason is gone for the weekend, I will be going to the 435th pit by myself mid to late afternoon today and clean up for a couple of hours then go visit with Scuffy afterwards.
He lives close by that pit where we camped at.

Last Sunday afternoon we picked up two five gallons of spent shotgun hulls and two small buckets of steel rifle and pistol cases at the pit we cleaned up on June 5th.

20210828_145727.jpg

Took one of Masons friends with us, he never touched a gun before.
20210828_182347.jpg

Deleted!

The Trash No Land forum, "Public Land Target Shooters", has been deleted due to lack of participation.

This forum was to have been a place where target shooters can meet, communicate and collaborate on how to save their favorite places to shoot on public lands. It seems that those who signed on are only interested in lurking to hear of places to shoot and are not willing to participate in any conversations. Well if that's all you want, you can find public places to shoot on the Trash No Land home page on the interactive map, but this was to be a place where we could talk about what's going on and what we can do to make it better.

With all the thousands of places to shoot on public lands in Oregon and Washington, I would think most of you would be posting about what's going on in your neck of the woods and asking for help or ideas to keep it open. But with over 95 people in this group, no one has posted anything related to stewardship except me. Yet when I visit various forest areas, I see lots of places that are trashed and it makes target shooters look real bad! I can't organize cleanups in all forest areas, yet it needs to get done or we run the risk of loosing more good places to shoot. I had hoped some of those members would step up and start something in your area. I was willing to help all I could.

So from here, if you would like to start a stewardship program in your favorite forest, send an email to: [email protected], and we'll work that out.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may present. My thanks to those who did participate!

Stewardship KEEPS it open!

Stewardship SAVES our places to shoot!

Bill

I didnt even know there was a seperate forum..
Oh, I promoted it here and there, and had quite a few people sign up for it, however, no one says a word! So, what good is it? If people want to do something about their favorite place to shoot, they can contact me and we'll get something going.

I feel bad, I've been as active as I can, but since April, my time has been hijacked by family issues that are unfortunately only getting worst. At first, it looked very promising with all the time I had on my hands with COVID lockdowns, but life is indeed what happens while we're making plans, and while I planned on being more involved, life happened.

I feel bad, I've been as active as I can, but since April, my time has been hijacked by family issues that are unfortunately only getting worst. At first, it looked very promising with all the time I had on my hands with COVID lockdowns, but life is indeed what happens while we're making plans, and while I planned on being more involved, life happened.
Nah, I know of your involvement and really appreciate it! It's the others I'm referring to (all the new ones who aren't on NWFA).

It's not worth the effort of all the site upkeep and postings to get participation. I'd rather spend my time on stuff that can actually get done.

Thanks, Steve! I appreciate your trying. Hope family matters make a turn for the good.

Nah, I know of your involvement and really appreciate it! It's the others I'm referring to (all the new ones who aren't on NWFA).

It's not worth the effort of all the site upkeep and postings to get participation. I'd rather spend my time on stuff that can actually get done.

Thanks, Steve! I appreciate your trying. Hope family matters make a turn for the good.
I totally understand that one... I wish I could be more involved but... crazy family life.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top