JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 1.jpg

Mt Hood National Forest, Estacada, Hwy 224 to reopen May 1st!!!

According to ODOT, they plan to open Hwy 224, East of Estacada, to the public on May 1st, HOWEVER, some types of recreation will still be restricted. Included in those restriction types, is recreational target shooting.

This means NO SHOOTING at the 36 PIT or the Fish Creek areas, nor any place in between or a few miles there after.

The reasons being; public safety issues, trees being shot down and trash left behind.

In one way the fire has caused unsafe conditions, but in another way (more realistic way), too many irresponsible shooters have caused enough damage, left a lot of trash and shot in unsafe directions (no backstops) to justify closing it.

This is another reason why we need more responsible shooters out there demonstrating how recreational target shooting should be done. That means using a high earthen berm backstop, no targets on trees/stumps/logs, and directing the line-of-fire in safe directions.

So for now, and a while, don't plan on shooting up the Clackamas River area along Hwy 224. It will be closed to target shooting.

Jane and I must have gone to your next one up in the Yacolt. It was about 45 degrees. And medium rain. ALL DAY! BUT, it did stop raining and warm-up a little by the time we got to shoot some. Ian let me shoot your Krag! Even @Caveman Jim came all the way from Elma to participate.

Jane and I must have gone to your next one up in the Yacolt. It was about 45 degrees. And medium rain. ALL DAY! BUT, it did stop raining and warm-up a little by the time we got to shoot some. Ian let me shoot your Krag! Even @Caveman Jim came all the way from Elma to participate.
I think that was our first Feb cleanup. I swore I'd never do another Feb cleanup! Well, that didn't last!

I think that was our first Feb cleanup. I swore I'd never do another Feb cleanup! Well, that didn't last!
Hey, it wasn't terrible. We had rain gear! warm clothes underneath. I think the hand were the worst part? Good thing it was MID 40s? A couple/five degrees lower it might have been quite different comfort wise.

That place looks familiar without the rain…
:p:p:p

It'll still be a first if you miss ANY cleanup! You two are always there! What am I going to do? How do I act? What am I going to wear?

Well, I envy a trip to Arizona!

PS: Better cut down on the 'dates'. Tracy may not like that (unless they're with her!).

Only keep the dates with Tracy. Keeps life simpler and cheaper.

You can do the old saying, "Throw your arms up, run around, scream and shout!" Makes one feel better at least.

It is always fun to chat with everybody and the after parties are always fun to see what people have. We also get to see other parts of the state. We really need to do a clean up in John Day Painted Hills area.

NO SHOOTING IN THE YACOLT BURN TOMORROW!

At least till noonish! Major cleanup all over the Burn. Come early and plan on chipping in! We meet at 8 am at Jones Creek Trailhead parking lot and disperse from there.

DNR decided not to do lunch & prizes, so bring something to munch. A rain jacket would be a good idea, just in case.

I'm loaded and ready to clean graffiti off the rocks in a couple places!

Locked_n_Loaded.jpg
Details: https://www.trashnoland.org/pick-up-the-burn-april-30-2022/

Bill

Last Edited:
Man this is early. Breakfast of champions is on the menu on the way up. Pancakes, apple fritter and a sausage egg mcmuffin. A little fuel for the truck and we are on our way.

Man this is early. Breakfast of champions is on the menu on the way up. Pancakes, apple fritter and a sausage egg mcmuffin. A little fuel for the truck and we are on our way.

Yep. I hear ya!

I had to get up way too early to go place No Shooting signs all over the mountain before 8. Why did I volunteer for that?!!!

Have a safe drive!

I may not be scheduled to work Saturdays but it doesn't always work out that way.
Last day of the month and I had a big job to finish. That and it's been at the shop for a couple of months and they kinda want their rig back.

Hats off top you guys cleaning it all up. :s0067:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top