JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First load was 943 pounds. Bavk from round 2. Quarry looks pretty darn good. Actually got to shoot. We did learn that a Glock 22 40 cal is too much gun for the wife. 1 shot and it almost flew out of her hands. She let out a quick yell of why didnt you tell me it was bigger, ran over to the truck and put it down, grabbed the 19x and started to shoot again. Pretty funny.
Lots of tires, all the metal and a whole lot of garbage. Nothing is sacred. Even pulled up a stroller from over the edge along the road. Great weather though and did go by a field with a lot of just born lambs. Cute little fuzz butts.
IMG_5173.jpg IMG_5174(1).jpg IMG_5179.jpg IMG_5176.jpg 20220218_155647.jpg 20220218_155643.jpg 20220218_155629.jpg IMG_5182.jpg

First load was 943 pounds. Bavk from round 2. Quarry looks pretty darn good. Actually got to shoot. We did learn that a Glock 22 40 cal is too much gun for the wife. 1 shot and it almost flew out of her hands. She let out a quick yell of why didnt you tell me it was bigger, ran over to the truck and put it down, grabbed the 19x and started to shoot again. Pretty funny.
Lots of tires, all the metal and a whole lot of garbage. Nothing is sacred. Even pulled up a stroller from over the edge along the road. Great weather though and did go by a field with a lot of just born lambs. Cute little fuzz butts.
View attachment 1134885View attachment 1134886View attachment 1134887View attachment 1134888View attachment 1134889View attachment 1134891View attachment 1134892View attachment 1134894
Les Schwab will probably take those tires, if you want to ask them. They did for me when I pulled out 22 from the Yacolt Burn and again in Medford at the Anderson Butte cleanup. Just let them know where they came from and who you are volunteering with.

All the metal was from the travel trailer that someone hauled from where it was last weekend at the bottom of the mountain to the quarry and burned it. They hauled off the frame for scrap I am sure. The only guess I have on the tires is like you said someone is cutting them off so they can scrap metal the wheel. Most have good tread left so stolen? The camper, the guy has a flat bed they said. Will probably bust it up and they can take it to the dump.

Thanks for all you guys and gals do!!!

The last 2-3 years my pit has very well stayed clean. Every once in a while there will be some J/A's that leave steel cases and shotgun shells by it seems that my hard work has paid off with my presence being known there.

Last Edited:
I'm with Jim. It's great what you guys are doing out there. I can only hope that more of the shooting public can get on board with taking a better care of these forest spots. It seems so easy to pick up your 20 or 40 shotgun hulls. Or get a magnet and take some/most of your steel case stuff. I don't know what your going to do about the feral human dregs that go out there to straight out dump rubbish though.

I'm with Jim. It's great what you guys are doing out there. I can only hope that more of the shooting public can get on board with taking a better care of these forest spots. It seems so easy to pick up your 20 or 40 shotgun hulls. Or get a magnet and take some/most of your steel case stuff. I don't know what your going to do about the feral human dregs that go out there to straight out dump rubbish though.
BOUNTIES!!!

So it's looking like non-shooters that are using the place for a dump now?
That's really depressing. Because we know law enforcement doesn't enforce laws anymore.
FREE the county dumps again! Then we can get serious about enforcement. Honestly of all the stoopid things NOT to spend MY dollars on government, Free housing, childcare...but just throw your trash wherever :mad: Jobs are good too!

Round up all the feral human dregs and sentence them to 90 days living in the city dump!

(No wait, that won't change anything. The city is a dump and they already live there!) hmmm...

I'm surprised they left the city limits to dump that.
Dumping out pickup bed full of garbage anywhere you please seems to be the norm from what I can see.
Mountains of garbage along 33rd.

I'm a big fan of the convicted repaying their debt to society by working off all incured costs of their crime and conviction. I think cleaning up the woods would be a good place to start.

The meth heads have made such a mess of it that it's a free for all now.
Pretty much an open air chop shop too.
They moved them from the roundabout spot and sorta cleaned it up.
Looks like a movie set to some nuclear holocaust flick.

Our dump went to a flat rate $35 for local residential. Makes it nice for this type of stuff other than it isnt my stuff. The truck and trailer full a couple of weeks ago was still $35.

The meth heads have made such a mess of it that it's a free for all now.
Pretty much an open air chop shop too.
They moved them from the roundabout spot and sorta cleaned it up.
Looks like a movie set to some nuclear holocaust flick.
John Conner, at the beginning of "Terminator", after he gets done fighting the terminators and goes underground to where the people live.

Our dump went to a flat rate $35 for local residential. Makes it nice for this type of stuff other than it isnt my stuff. The truck and trailer full a couple of weeks ago was still $35.
I'm surprised that up here near my hood a private transfer place only charges $32.00 for 300#s. and $.06 /lb after that.

I paid over 70 dollars for a pickup load at Washington county. They have gotten stupid pricing for individuals as they take the areas commercial waste. I pay taxes for a dump, a garbage bill and the honor of paying $70dollars a pickup load. Seems fair to me huh!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top