JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shooters and Non-shooters got together to cleanup the Stimson Creek Target Shooting site in the Tahuya State Forest!

Here's the info on the Tahuya SF cleanup event. Lots of pics!

The 'Gist' of this message, is to Do What You Can to Save Our Places To Shoot! Even if it's 2 to 6 folks enjoying a day of target shooting, be sure to do a good cleanup when done. And communicate to the new people that there are rules that we need to adhere to, otherwise we may loose another place to shoot.

Details of this cleanup are on the Trash No Land website 'Blog':
Here's Tahuya, Volunteers!!!
thank you all!!! great pics!! good turnout! sorry i missed it

Fireworks NOT Allowed.jpg

First entry for July on this thread. A little early morning clean up at Neal Creek this morning. Still a lot to do. Tracy had to go to work so came home early. A lot of party trash and lazy shooters. Someone actually built a nice target stand that I left. The 1 private rock pit is trashed. Not even supposed to be shooting there. Hopefully get back up there this weekend. 20220708_070714.jpg 20220708_092048.jpg 20220708_070740.jpg 20220708_070827.jpg 20220708_070856.jpg 20220708_070937.jpg 20220708_071019.jpg 20220708_091523.jpg 20220708_091528.jpg 20220708_092037.jpg 20220708_092048.jpg

First entry for July on this thread. A little early morning clean up at Neal Creek this morning. Still a lot to do. Tracy had to go to work so came home early. A lot of party trash and lazy shooters. Someone actually built a nice target stand that I left. The 1 private rock pit is trashed. Not even supposed to be shooting there. Hopefully get back up there this weekend.View attachment 1236342View attachment 1236395View attachment 1236341View attachment 1236340View attachment 1236339View attachment 1236338View attachment 1236336View attachment 1236327View attachment 1236326View attachment 1236325View attachment 1236324
Thanks Craig & Tracy! August is coming soon!!! We'll get a bunch of it then!

Attached is a new sign I made up that could be posted in any forest in WA & OR (State and Federal). It is 8 1/2 x 11 and would be printed on the White Corex corrugated sign board material.

It's a message from a recreation organization to all who recreate, just like the Leave No Trace, Tread Lightly & #RecreateResponsibly messages. Once we get approval from a forest agency, we can pin point specific locations of each sign.
Trash No Land will pay for the costs and installations, (although we'll need to do some fund raising if we get a lot of forests on board). They typically cost $13 to $15 per sign, (probably less with a large order).

I just sent this to several forest management agencies and am waiting to hear back. For now, give me your thoughts on this and any suggestions to make it better.

Let me know your thoughts on this. Critique requested!

Thanks,
Bill

Shooting Info Sign.png

Attached is a new sign I made up that could be posted in any forest in WA & OR (State and Federal). It is 8 1/2 x 11 and would be printed on the White Corex corrugated sign board material.

It's a message from a recreation organization to all who recreate, just like the Leave No Trace, Tread Lightly & #RecreateResponsibly messages. Once we get approval from a forest agency, we can pin point specific locations of each sign.
Trash No Land will pay for the costs and installations, (although we'll need to do some fund raising if we get a lot of forests on board). They typically cost $13 to $15 per sign, (probably less with a large order).

I just sent this to several forest management agencies and am waiting to hear back. For now, give me your thoughts on this and any suggestions to make it better.

Thanks,
Bill

View attachment 1240877
Love it. i thought about posting up @ Wolf Creek a sign Stating. if you pick up a bag of trash send in pics with time and day you did it and i would send 5.00 gift card. i could set up a email just for the submissions. if valid i would send then 5.00 gift card.. just an idea.?

Thanks,
Bill

View attachment 1240877
Also maybe put the Trash no Land offer to reimburse for dump hauling!

Love it. i thought about posting up @ Wolf Creek a sign Stating. if you pick up a bag of trash send in pics with time and day you did it and i would send 5.00 gift card. i could set up a email just for the submissions. if valid i would send then 5.00 gift card.. just an idea.?
It is a great idea and contribution, but it would surely be abused.

It is a great idea and contribution, but it would surely be abused.
its possible but i am @ wolf creek at least once a month, i would try of course validate. Maybe limit to 20.00 a month? or NWFA members only? if anything i still feel it would help promote cleanup and the group as well if we get more people to join us. I like to feel most Gun enthusiasts are fairly honest and would do it without the 5.00. Clean Forests for 100.00 out of my pocket a month is a win. Especially if i can figure how to use as a write off on my business.

I suppose i could donate to Trash no Land and maybe we could co op the 5.00 gift/gas cards? that way i have a legit donation to a non profit

Thanks,
Bill

View attachment 1240877
You are a pacific northwest treasure sir... thank you for all the time and effort you put into keeping our public lands clean!

Thanks,
Bill

View attachment 1240877
Where are you trying to put these up?
I work in the West side of Oregon and could help distribute. Let us know when you get authorization to put these up.
I have some contacts with State agencies if that would be of use to you.

Where are you trying to put these up?
I work in the West side of Oregon and could help distribute. Let us know when you get authorization to put these up.
I have some contacts with State agencies if that would be of use to you.
That's the kind of help we'll need. I would ship signs out to different parts of the states and have specific people install them.

I'll post more as we move along.

Bill

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews