JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want to find a couple shooting sites in the 'Burn', come join us. I'll be leading a group or two to some sites that need our attention.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
View: https://www.youtube.com/embed/9V2xGUphGTY
" title="2024 Pick Up The Burn Invitation" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Probably not making it to that one @Cogs, does the fee to get into the public's forest still get waved for these clean-ups? Just something that I didn't see mentioned.

Probably not making it to that one @Cogs, does the fee to get into the public's forest still get waved for these clean-ups? Just something that I didn't see mentioned.
Yes your right, Mike. The Discover Pass requirement will be waived for this event. I'll be adding that info to the actual event post on the website later.

Went back and got it!

Graffiti In The Forest Removal
View: https://www.youtube.com/embed/fLWcxs_puiQ
" title="Graffiti In The Forest Removal" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

And here's the last video on the glass pile cleanup (this one's 8 mins long). That wasn't fun! But somebody had to do it. Might as well be me, since it bothered me so much. All that trash, at all the shooting sites bother me!

When they close more places to shoot, I guess at least I can say I tried to save it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/embed/63xdFOBDxus
" title="Glass Pile In The Forest" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

That looked like a lot of fun. Sarcasm. Actually had a person tell Tracy and I glass is biodegradable after I mentioned that you arent supposed to be shooting glass. I said well technically yes but we wont be around to see it.
Unfortunately most gun owners dont care and with the weather turning it is only going to get worse. Can't wait to go see the quarry this coming Friday after the car fire.
If most cared half as much as you. It would be a lot nicer in the forest. China Hat is only 2 weeks away also.

This SATURDAY APRIL 13th!

Our April 13th sign up is live at www.plsbend.org. We are in need of a ton of volunteers to help comb for trash between Cabin, Horse, and Coyote Buttes. All the details about the event are found on the sign up page. The shooting pits will be sponsored by trashnoland.org.. Hope everyone can make it out!

435593620_10228362809968638_6571413771115409079_n.jpg

qt=q 95.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/embed/EoviRspFXmw
" title="PLS Spring 24 Cleanup Promo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Lots of good was done in Bend Oregon April 13th! The nonprofit 'Public Land Stewards', of Bend Oregon had a great turnout for the cleanup at Cabin, Coyote & Horse Butte's, as well as several unsanctioned trails around those buttes. It's hard to say how many of those volunteers came to support responsible shooting, because that was never discussed and no one approached me to talk about it. On the other hand, there were no other specific recreation groups represented either. This was all just people working together to help care for public lands.

I did get a great surprise from Doug, who used to be @Ed Quinn on this forum. He and I, along with @ZigZagZeke and Ranger Lars, spent multiple Saturdays and lots of time together at the Target Shooting Information Booth on Mt. Hood Nat Forest, where we communicated with many shooters about rules and responsibilities of shooting on public lands. I was pleased to see Doug 'packing' open carry as I was. I think we were the only 2 who represented. And no one said a word about my scary black gun!

This was a very impressive community event! Trash No Land represented our kind of recreation well. Thank you to all who volunteered, donated, organized and ducked for cover when the lightening struck (ask @Rem700..300 how close the lightening was)!

This coming Saturday is the cleanup on the Yacolt Burn State Forest and I need some representatives of the target shooting community. It's important that we make a good showing of support for public land shooting by joining other recreation groups in these types of group events. It shows we want our places just like they want theirs.

I'll be leading a group to the Arrowhead shooting pit where we'll clean up the pit and clean off the graffiti on the boulders (again... but this time not so bad). If we have enough volunteers, we'll move up the road to a couple other shooting sites.

So, set aside this Saturday for a good time together as we do some good and meet some really great people!

Bill

Event details: Pick Up The Burn

Cover.png

Did everyone hear what happened on April 19th at Mary's Peak shooting pit? Sorry, I got busy and forgot to post about it!

On April 19th, Trash No Land's Board of Directors Craig Yon ( @Rem700..300 ) and his wife Tracy (TNL's VP), led a group of Hewlett Packard employees, from the Corvallis Oregon location, to Mary's Peak for an Earth Day cleanup event... HP's "We Day"! HP gave its employees a day off to volunteer for local nonprofits as its campaign of 40 Days of doing Good. The group served the community by volunteering with Trash No Land.

There were 21 HP employees plus TNL's VP Tracy Yon, Al Schimerhorn. from Benton County Sheriff's Office, plus BLM reps Kirk, Tatton, Scott and Josh.

They collected 620 pounds of garbage from the rock quarry and 2 other areas.

The BBQ lunch turned out great and weather was perfect. Employee feedback has been extremely positive and more than a few want to tackle the Alsea Falls pit that is bad.

Thanks to HP, their volunteers, BLM, BCSO and Craig and Tracy Yon! Your efforts and high spirits are greatly appreciated!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top