JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Can't be, my grocery bill alone has gone up exponentially more than 5.9%…. Forget gasoline being some 30% more than a year ago…. Can't wait to see the impact on natural gas and electricity, now that we're officially in the heating season in the PNW…
Yeah, but food and energy don't count. Don'tcha know?

MIss_me_yet_Trump.png

YES
BUT the truth be known....
It's mostly because.....
IMHO, having to choose.....
Well, he was/is the lesser of EVILs.

Yeah.....vs. this guy.
joe-biden-2-thumbs-up.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The current economic crisis is entirely the result of the current administration and those who supported him. The continued overreaction to COVID, extended shutdowns in vital economic regions, and the fear-mongering by leftist politicians/media were all out of Trump's control. Stimulus was really the only tool at his disposal.

That being said, the current runaway inflation train is really traceable to just the Biden administration. He extended handouts that Trump was pushing to end, and leveraged all the federal powers at his disposal to continue excessive lockdown/COVID measures. He also immediately disrupted the domestic energy supply line by shutting down the Keystone project (which also killed jobs).

While stimulus was a contributing factor, the more likely cause of these record-inflation numbers is continued underemployment in the labor market. When a business can't find employees, those who are willing to work become a lot more valuable. When a company starts having to "overpay" just to maintain their operations, that cost is going to be passed on to the consumer.

This puts us in a perfect storm where supply output is throttled, while also costing more just to maintain that reduced level of production. What does this mean? Inflated prices across the board. Who do we blame for handicapping the labor market and disrupting the supply chain? Certainly not Donald Trump!
What lockdown has been mandated by the federal government?

I said he has used every tool at his disposal to continue lockdowns and excessive COVID protocols. Not that he has directly issued lockdown mandates.

His rhetoric alone has emboldened many states to continue their authoritarian measures. Likewise, his administration has spearheaded numerous lawsuits against states that are attempting to loosen restrictions and prevent federal influence over how they manage COVID. How frequently has he and his officials attacked states like Texas and Florida?

Let's not forget his vaccine mandate either. That is a clear green light to states like all those here on the Left Coast to maintain or extend their restrictions on our personal freedoms.

Has he literally locked down the United States? No. Has he been instrumental in the continuation of authoritarianism in numerous states? Absolutely.

Personally, I really just do not see how any of the dire straits we are in right now can be pinned on Trump. Of course you are free to disagree, and I do respect your perspective on the matter.

This reminds me of Mel Brooks definition of comedy VS tragedy:

"It's Capitalisms when I get the highest price possible for what I'm selling and inflation when I think someone else is charging too much"

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die" :D

I think everyone gets his point when @mhayd93 said excessive lockdown measures, not mandated lockdown!
If your going to question someone's comment, it might help to be more accurate than putting words in others mouth.

Lockdown in PNW - no church, but bars are ok, no fishing, no working - closing small businesses, some not in business anymore!
This was mostly in blue states.

Inflation or cost increases is most certainly caused by the left!
6.4% my A$$

Last Edited:
I said he has used every tool at his disposal to continue lockdowns and excessive COVID protocols. Not that he has directly issued lockdown mandates.

His rhetoric alone has emboldened many states to continue their authoritarian measures. Likewise, his administration has spearheaded numerous lawsuits against states that are attempting to loosen restrictions and prevent federal influence over how they manage COVID. How frequently has he and his officials attacked states like Texas and Florida?

Let's not forget his vaccine mandate either. That is a clear green light to states like all those here on the Left Coast to maintain or extend their restrictions on our personal freedoms.

Has he literally locked down the United States? No. Has he been instrumental in the continuation of authoritarianism in numerous states? Absolutely.

Personally, I really just do not see how any of the dire straits we are in right now can be pinned on Trump. Of course you are free to disagree, and I do respect your perspective on the matter.
Hold up cowboy, I'm not saying Trump is the sole cause, or that Biden isn't to blame with his flaming rhetoric. All I'm saying, is that the POTUS alone doesn't hold real power.

It's comical to see both sides after their side loses, blame the previous administration.

My point is that many blame the inflation on the excess spending, too much, too soon, and I was saying that the first to implement the payments was Trump, not Biden.

I'll close with this, they're both idiots...

Last Edited:
I think everyone gets his point when @mhayd93 said excessive lockdown measures, not mandated lockdown!
If your going to question someone's comment, it might help to be more accurate than putting words in others mouth.

Lockdown in PNW - no church, but bars are ok, no fishing, no working - closing small businesses, some not in business anymore!
This was mostly in blue states.

Inflation or cost increases is most certainly caused by the left!
5.9% my A$$
My point is that those lockdowns are occurring on the state level, not national.

You can't work if your employer has 100+ employees and you're not vaccinated.. federal mandate
Sure you can :)

First, the Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is announcing the details of a requirement for employers with 100 or more employees to ensure each of their workers is fully vaccinated or tests for COVID-19 on at least a weekly basis. The OSHA rule will also require that these employers provide paid-time for employees to get vaccinated, and ensure all unvaccinated workers wear a face mask in the workplace. OSHA has a strong 50-year record of requiring employers to take common sense actions to prevent workers from getting sick or injured on the job. This rule will cover 84 million employees.

So as they destroy your retirement savings to the tune of 6.4% so far this year then how do you protect the rest?

Say inflation just stays at 6.4% for another year, you lose another 6.4% of what's left as the value of the dollar continues down.

I hear they are going to save everyone by increasing food stamp allotments to feed the poor but if you have money they will continue to rob you.

It all goes up before it crashes down, what you will have is what you managed to keep but you won't have enough life left to replace what inflation steals.

Sure you can :)

First, the Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is announcing the details of a requirement for employers with 100 or more employees to ensure each of their workers is fully vaccinated or tests for COVID-19 on at least a weekly basis. The OSHA rule will also require that these employers provide paid-time for employees to get vaccinated, and ensure all unvaccinated workers wear a face mask in the workplace. OSHA has a strong 50-year record of requiring employers to take common sense actions to prevent workers from getting sick or injured on the job. This rule will cover 84 million employees.
Yea, no. You'd be in the hole just paying for all the tests out of pocket so you're effectively not working. You're on the street if you can't pay your mortgage/rent.

But, But I saw an old man acting like a child, doing a burnout in a new "electric hummer". :s0125:

That will without a doubt will save us all from the increasing gas prices. :rolleyes:

Let's Go Brandon

Do you guys attribute the dotcom run to Clinton's excellent economic policies? Likewise, I don't think that you can necessarily point to the Biden administration as being the sole cause of runaway inflation due to shortages.

We're in a global pandemic, countries are shutting down, and the just in time supply is way behind (Just in time is a Toyota creation BTW). Foreign countries such as China, aren't getting their goods to the US. When they do arrive in Seattle, Portland or California, they're held up by lack of manpower. The lack of manpower is, and has been caused by shutdowns on the state level, people quitting, and people getting sick.

The food supply, for example, there are tens of thousands of cattle slaughtered daily at a single beef processing plant in Kansas, don't have the manpower to operate at full capacity, and thus increasing beef prices.

The stars have perfectly aligned to put us in a world of hurt, but to point to a single administration isn't accurate. Is it Biden's fault that we rely on third world countries to manufacture our goods? Those economic policies have been in place long before his time as POTUS.

My point, is that it's way too easy to just point the finger at Biden and be angry. The premise of this thread was that a gun doubled in price, thus inflation.

Inflation has gone on for decades, they can't hide it anymore so they admit it's here. They are telling lies about the rate, look at the average price of cars and houses. My house was built in 1978 for $28,000 and is valued at $365,000 today. That's Inflation.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads