JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Do you guys attribute the dotcom run to Clinton's excellent economic policies? Likewise, I don't think that you can necessarily point to the Biden administration as being the sole cause of runaway inflation due to shortages.

We're in a global pandemic, countries are shutting down, and the just in time supply is way behind (Just in time is a Toyota creation BTW). Foreign countries such as China, aren't getting their goods to the US. When they do arrive in Seattle, Portland or California, they're held up by lack of manpower. The lack of manpower is, and has been caused by shutdowns on the state level, people quitting, and people getting sick.

The food supply, for example, there are tens of thousands of cattle slaughtered daily at a single beef processing plant in Kansas, don't have the manpower to operate at full capacity, and thus increasing beef prices.

The stars have perfectly aligned to put us in a world of hurt, but to point to a single administration isn't accurate. Is it Biden's fault that we rely on third world countries to manufacture our goods? Those economic policies have been in place long before his time as POTUS.

My point, is that it's way too easy to just point the finger at Biden and be angry. The premise of this thread was that a gun doubled in price, thus inflation.
The left is toxic. As DJT said, everything woke turns to sh!t.
It's a panoply of actions, all of which are owned by the left.

Life is full of choices, and it's a fact that some of them might land you on the street.

Oh well.
Except in America the choices that land you on the street are supposed to be when you are acting in a manner detrimental to yourself or the United States. Landing on the street as a result of exercising your Constitutional rights is quite a fall from grace.

If that is something you are okay with, then it's no wonder we are where we are in this country.

X-Y_Lo0&tn=FucDJm02ozzIrTUm&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

50+ years as a professional democrat Politician and what has Sippy Cup done for the good of our economy? Exactly NOTHING, that's what, every single time a vote was cast by him regarding our economy, he voted to increase taxes, and supported all the pork bellies there were! Sippy Cup only ever voted to enrichen himself and his power base, so yea, I do blame him completely for this latest, his personal orgy of spending us into oblivion with money we do not have, and debt we can never repay!

50+ years as a professional democrat Politician and what has Sippy Cup done for the good of our economy? Exactly NOTHING, that's what, every single time a vote was cast by him regarding our economy, he voted to increase taxes, and supported all the pork bellies there were! Sippy Cup only ever voted to enrichen himself and his power base, so yea, I do blame him completely for this latest, his personal orgy of spending us into oblivion with money we do not have, and debt we can never repay!
The other guys aren't fiscally conservative either...

You won't beat inflation, hopefully you survive it. Looking at the countries they destroyed as practice its going to be interesting here. Especially since they make supply chains short so inflation rises faster.

And now I hear the market has fallen 800 points because of fears of the NEW and improved corona virus!

Not sure how that affects inflation.

Let's go Brandon!

Government is the big winner in inflation, higher wages or income means higher taxes.
And the debt is serviced with ever more worthless dollars.

Lately, the Federal Reserve has perfected the art of inflation without higher interest rates. If the interest rates properly reflected inflation, the interest payments on the national debt would collapse the government within a few months.

Awwww.....
COME_on_man.jpg
It's a tricky business......to spend trillions of dollars, collect not much in extra tax revenues to pay for the spending and still pretend that you're NOT buying votes.

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

The Joe Biden, "C'mon, Man," that's him making a feeble attempt at sounding young. As he totters across the long leaving the helicopter. Mrs. Merkt told me he's planning on running again in '24, what a joke.

Inflation has gone on for decades, they can't hide it anymore so they admit it's here. They are telling lies about the rate, look at the average price of cars and houses. My house was built in 1978 for $28,000 and is valued at $365,000 today. That's Inflation.
Yes, this is so. But we've had a real pick-up since our betters in DC starting in with the spending in Trillion Dollar increments. The curve is arching skyward.

Mrs. Merkt and I have already lived through one highly inflationary era, the late 1970's. I remember it well. I'm a lot better equipped now to deal with it than I was then. But I'm thinking the amount of debt involved and the expansion of the money supply is so much greater.

It's also true, both GOP and Dems are very big spenders these days. President Eisenhower would be amazed. And ashamed and embarrassed.

We were at the store today, boy it's painful to look at those fresh beef prices. There was a standing rib roast sitting there in the marked-down meat section. It wasn't all that big, there were probably 5 or 6 pounds of meat there. You know, these are popular during the holidays. It was originally priced at $90 something, marked down to $56. Hard pass.

Same Fred Meyer, they must've had a truckload that got delayed, they had fresh whole turkeys for 19 cents a pound. We bought one. We gave most of our holiday turkey away to our family dinner attendees. No reason why the elders can't roast one up for themselves. Old people aren't supposed to eat all that much meat, anyway. That's one way to fight inflation, don't eat.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads