JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Prepared foods may have HFC in it if tastes sweet. I avoid HFC so I buy mustard which even some brands have HFC in them. I eat a lot of salad and check the ingredients of all of the products I buy. Even a lot of salad dressings put HFC in them as well.

I buy catsup but I buy the organic one made with real sugar. I put catsup on hamburgers and hash browns only. Hash browns I do the old fashioned way starting with whole potatoes.

I also try to moderate things and eat a lot of hot steel cut oats with fruit on them for breakfast. Sometimes I have fried egg and a piece of toast with almond butter.

The old axiom of "work smarter, not harder" comes to mind. And FWIW I agree with @The Heretic and @revjen45
I don't have any desire to eat less calories than I am eating now. My weight has been steady since end of April with 90mins of mostly walking each day. I have the same love of intense exercise as I do vegatables (not much), so my goal at this point is to see if I can maintain at 230lbs with the current exercise routine.

My weight loss "coach" thinks that my body will adapt to the walking routine and the calorie expenditure from the walking will significantly drop. I have looked in to this idea and I don't believe that my body will adapt very much, maybe 5%. Long distance runners often try to improve their running economy, by losing weight, lighter shoes, targeted strength training, etc. This allows them to burn less calories while doing the same amount of work. I want to do the opposite. I want to burn more calories while doing the same amount of work. That should allow me to enjoy more calories while doing the same amount of work and not gain weight.

Fun fact:
RMR BMR of fat in body is 2 calories per lb per day.

RMR BMR of muscle in body is 6 calories per lb per day.

If an obese person dropped 100lbs of fat and gained a 100lbs of muscle their total RMR would increase by 400 calories a day or about one and a half snickers bars.

Corrected RMR to BMR based on the definition from this video:

Last Edited:
Don't forget suppliments, as you get older, you need more of certain things a regular diet doesn't provide!
If you do Keto ( which I highly recommend) you can get keto booster suppliments which help force the body into ketosis and this helps burn fat and expels it quicker! There are several off the shelf brands, but only 2 or 3 that actually work, so do your homework!
I find that low impact high strain exercise seems to be best ( swimming weights) and doing basic exercises seems to work best.
I had the belly fat that never seems to go away, went Keto and that's dropping the gut quickly!

Don't forget suppliments, as you get older, you need more of certain things a regular diet doesn't provide!
If you do Keto ( which I highly recommend) you can get keto booster suppliments which help force the body into ketosis and this helps burn fat and expels it quicker! There are several off the shelf brands, but only 2 or 3 that actually work, so do your homework!
I find that low impact high strain exercise seems to be best ( swimming weights) and doing basic exercises seems to work best.
I had the belly fat that never seems to go away, went Keto and that's dropping the gut quickly!
I know Keto works but it is not something I can sustain for life. I am looking for a diet and exercise routine that I can sustain for life and allows for an energy balance at close to my current weight.

Last Edited:
No matter what I try, these keep getting in the way. Love me some Chili Cheese Fritos! :rolleyes:

R195f5b36f08040efdc86cb39d87b295d.jpg

Cut down on the carbs. I lost 20 lbs. by cutting carbs and hiking on Mt Tabor for a year. I have lost another 5 lbs. by sticking to a low carb diet.

But you have to have your cheat days. I have two during the week. Then right back on the diet the next day. You gotta have your cheat days.

Tabor is a excellent place to get a good work out. So many up hill trails and staircases with hundreds of steps.
No matter how tired I am after work, I still hit Tabor on the way home. Makes me feel good and sleep at night.

Good luck.

Cut the carbs, cut the sugers, and most of all, cut the damn corn and corn based products out, and don't cheat with that stuff!
I swear, half the health issues are b cause of corn products, and though I can't prove it, I have experienced first hand what removing it does! Try as hard as you can to get 100% natural non GMO non professed foods and drink, you would be amazed at how much better you feel and how much faster you will show results!

As for Keto, it dosnt have to be a life change, but you should make efforts to continue with it after you have lost the weight, it's not that hard to do, and once you find your happy place with the other foods, it's easier to maintain your weight!

Those are amazing. Have you tried them with chili? Not kidding it's pretty good. Throw a little shredded cheese on the chili. You can probably only do it once a month or so but damn.
Yep, have them mixed in with chili, rice and smothered in cheddar cheese! Have them layered on sandwiches and along side plate and just about any other way you can think! :s0114:

Yep, have them mixed in with chili, rice and smothered in cheddar cheese! Have them layered on sandwiches and along side plate and just about any other way you can think! :s0114:
And of course put a handful of them on your chili dog. Oh yeah. And by themselves with cheese dip. How I've stayed under 200 lbs all my life is probably a medical mystery. :s0140:

Fun fact:
RMR BMR of fat in body is 2 calories per lb per day.

RMR BMR of muscle in body is 6 calories per lb per day.

If an obese person dropped 100lbs of fat and gained a 100lbs of muscle their total RMR would increase by 400 calories a day or about one and a half snickers bars.

Corrected RMR to BMR based on the definition from this video:

One thing muscle will do, is make you more noticeable.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top