JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
All my life I have been taught to do things efficiently. I have this idea of flipping that script and instead trying to find inefficient ways of doing daily task (not at work, Boss) that would result in greater energy expenditures from my body.

Any ideas?

The most beneficial exercise one can do is watch your calorie intake.

If you're doing all this extra work physically, and then destroying it by eating too much... you'll just be spinning your wheels.

Efficiently eat (meaning, don't over eat) AND efficiently work, FTW.

-Robert

Food and moving are the two biggest factors.

People over eat, and eat empty calories. Too much sugar

And they sit/lay more than they move.

Just think about our ancestors, native Americans, and present tribes.

They move all day and only eat fresh food.

Want to be healthy, live like your ancestors

:rolleyes: works great for the Government :rolleyes:
it's incredibly inefficient.... and getting fatter by the second!

although... could be it's an example of how politicians aren't actually people.:s0092:

Does not compute. Why not do it efficiently and do more? o_O
***AND*** (Drum roll)
EAT LESS!!! :D
This is a good question. I think in the case of exercise and movement doing more would be the answer. I am thinking more along the lines of non-exercise related suggestions. The example suggested by @clearconscience of keeping house temp cooler is a good idea. This would require the body to expend more energy to maintain the body's temperature.

Eating less is a no brainer and if I had that figured out, I likely wouldn't be needing to lose weight. On that theme though, if I was to switch out macros for ones that require more energy to process, store, etc that would allow me to eat a comparable quantity of food while having less calories being available to store.

Drinking lots of water evidently increases a persons BMR by around 30% for about 30 to 60 mins as the body uses energy to heat the water. Apparently in men the body mostly uses fat for energy and in women the body mostly uses glycogen.

Keep your home colder

Pay attention to meals and what your put in your mouth

Fasting

Hike, or walk with a backpack

Always take the stairs

Do something ever day that sucks.
Adding a weighted backpack to my walking routine would definitely add some inefficiency into the routine. I have always been told not to keep unneeded items in your vehicle because it will cause your fuel efficiency to dip, makes since to ignore that advice when walking and pack on the extra weight.

Mow grass with a manual push reel mower.
Cut firewood with a handsaw and split it with an axe.
Walk to work.
Walk to the grocery store.
Walk everywhere.
Great suggestions, I can guarantee bucking up a log with a handsaw would be much less efficient than my chainsaw and burn up some serious calories. I bought a used crosscut saw from craislist and cut off a couple of rounds from a log once. It took forever and I haven't touched that saw again. It was going to be my emergency back up in case I didn't have gas for the chainsaw. I pray I never have to rely on it.

Great suggestions, I can guarantee bucking up a log with a handsaw would be much less efficient than my chainsaw and burn up some serious calories. I bought a used crosscut saw from craislist and cut off a couple of rounds from a log once. It took forever and I haven't touched that saw again. It was going to be my emergency back up in case I didn't have gas for the chainsaw. I pray I never have to rely on it.
Yup - I have a backup bow saw - more likely to use it as a backup for the pruning saw attachment than for sawing firewood, but who knows what will happen if SHTF. I do split and stack firewood by hand, and with my health, cutting it with a chainsaw isn't easy either, just easier than doing it with a handsaw.

All my life I have been taught to do things efficiently. I have this idea of flipping that script and instead trying to find inefficient ways of doing daily task (not at work, Boss) that would result in greater energy expenditures from my body.

Any ideas?

Efficient is to use prepared foods.
Don't.
Want milk, milk the cow, goat, or almond.
Butter, churn
Bread, grind the flour, kneed, and bake yourself.

That leaves you plenty of options,
* eat as close to as nature provides.

Write down everything you eat and look at it every night. Keep your carbs down and eliminate your sugar intake. You wouldn't have to even exercise if you do it correctly though at some point you will want to exercise when the weight is coming off.. I'm down 90 lbs from doing this with little exercise..it works. If I want to go hike and hunt, 7 miles, no problem and a whole lot of fun!

Cut out carbs. I did Keto and lost 275lbs. Most of that came off by simply restricting calories and eating less than 20g carb a day. Most of my dinners are steak or salmon, burger patties for lunch, bacon and eggs for breakfast. You don't have to deprive yourself and it works and works quickly. If you want more info feel free to message me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top