JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First monthly weigh in results for Nov 23rd.

194lbs

20221123_203630.jpg

I weighed 197.2 last night. I am going to do modified version of the Whole 30 diet for the next month. I haven't been to the gym since I started volunteering at the pawn shop. I have been eating a ton of baked goods which is a weakness for me. Just cutting those out should help me start losing again.

The trend line is not moving in a good direction but I barely made it for Feb weigh in.

20230124_212843.jpg

I'm going to have to get back in the gym or have a limb amputated before March weigh in. Or tighten up the diet.

I am substantially increasing my risk for failure to meet weigh in goal this month only. The added risk will be 2000 small pistol primers and a 8lb jug of Titegroup powder.

@ar addict is up for receiving the items this month, if I fail. I will recycle the names for the remaining months in this year.

Barely made it again. I am going to leave the extra primers and powder at risk for the remainder of the challenge. Excuse the dust on the scale, I have new phone with better camera.

20230328_220633.jpg

Volunteer Assignments:

Nov 22. @Whisky Tahoe

Dec 22. @sealine

Jan 23. @gryghin

Feb 23 @BBQ Guy

Mar 23 @ar addict

Apr 23 @Whisky Tahoe

May 23 @sealine

June 23 @gryghin

July 23 @BBQ Guy

Aug 23 @ar addict

Sept 23 @Whisky Tahoe

Oct 23 @sealine

Nov 23 @gryghin

Dec 23 @BBQ Guy

As promised, I recycled names for remainder of year.

@Colt Carbine thanks for your interest, I will keep you in mind for my next fitness/health related challenge. I am planning another gym attendance related challenge. I haven't been to the gym since my last gym attendance challenge ended. It seems I need to put up risk (primers, ammo, money, etc) as a motivator to get things done.

This month was a nail biter and I was not confident that I would succeed in maintaining. I pulled it off but my relationship with food and health sucks.

20230425_203757.jpg

I am going to continue with the challenge for May and June but if I can't get my eating patterns ironed out by then, I am going to shut this challenge down early. The last few months have consisted of unhealthy eating/binging the first half of the month and then severe restriction the latter half of the month. It has allowed me to maintain but it is not a healthy or comfortable way of going through life.

For May I am going to avoid processed junk and add more veggies to diet. I am hoping that will help me maintain my weight without having to do any severe restrictions during the month. If that doesn't do the trick, I will come up with new plan for June.

Edit @sealine is up for May weigh in.

Another nail biter for May weigh in.

20230530_192612.jpg

I will do one more weigh in for June and then I am shutting this challenge down. I feel like I am begging for an eating disorder. Binging and starving, binging and starving. It looks good on the scale once a month but my mind is constantly focused on food. I would like to get to a point where food is treated like fueling up the car. I never enjoy fueling up the car and only do it when necessary. That would be a good way to treat my diet.

View attachment 1429906

I will do one more weigh in for June and then I am shutting this challenge down. I feel like I am begging for an eating disorder. Binging and starving, binging and starving. It looks good on the scale once a month but my mind is constantly focused on food. I would like to get to a point where food is treated like fueling up the car. I never enjoy fueling up the car and only do it when necessary. That would be a good way to treat my diet.
Keep at it.. we all have to.
I realized a ways back that if I don't have it in the house, I won't eat it so I don't. I splurge now and again but if I buy goodies, I have to eat them all as fast as possible.
I remember I stocked up on goodies in the first week of covid, thinking it'd last me a month or two.. I ate it all up in like two days, lol.

View attachment 1429906

Hi 'boss,

Just FYI, I've been doing a Paleo(ish) eating regimen for the past month or six weeks with good results. I'm guessing I've lost 10-15 pounds in that time. It's basically a whole food approach, minimizing sugar and processed/packaged foods.

It took a while to get used to, but it's ingrained now. I eat a lot of meat, vegetables, fruits and nuts; the closer to the way nature made them, the better. No restriction on portions. I'm not eating dairy, grains, or legumes. It wasn't a picnic adjusting (I miss pastries!), but I've lost weight without really trying.

My motivation was to improve my sleep, increase my energy, feel more alert, etc. I didn't really do it for weight loss, although I could have stood to lose a few pounds, and still can. I can't say that I feel any different (yet?), but maybe my overall health has improved some. 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, just a suggestion if you think this might even out your approach to food. In any case, good luck and stay healthy!

Keep at it. One thing I found out during the journey with cancer is that when you eat is just as important as what you eat.

Intermittent Fasting is basically just limiting your food intake to 8 hours a day.
So, if you breakfast at 10:00 am, the you need to make sure that your last meal is at/before 6:00 pm.

I have Diabetes and Gout in addition to cancer, so I was already monitoring portions and ratios of Carbs/Protein/Veggies.

Limiting my intake time and maintaining my workout routine really helped to drop weight.

View attachment 1429906

I had another barely successful weigh in for June.

20230627_212703.jpg

That's it for this challenge though, I am ending it now.

While the challenge has helped keep my weight from exploding, it hasn't been mentally healthy for me. I have basically been binging the first part of the month and starving myself the last part of the month.

Calories and I need a new healthier relationship and this challenge has been fixing that issue.

Thanks to everybody who volunteered.

Given that you had the discipline and accountability to conduct this challenge (publicly, no less), I feel certain that you'll figure out a healthier relationship with food. Wishing you success.

carlos-ponce-yoga-couples-retreat.jpg

Given that you had the discipline and accountability to conduct this challenge (publicly, no less), I feel certain that you'll figure out a healthier relationship with food. Wishing you success.

View attachment 1444481
Thanks. Regarding encouragement photo, it reminded me that our USPS guy looks like Vince Vaughn. I asked him the other day if anybody ever told him he resembles a movie star and he asked which one? I said Vince Vaughn. He thought that was funny because his sister in law told him the same thing and calls him Vince now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top