JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Because I had such great success losing 80ish pounds with weightloss challenge, I have decided to try it with weight maintenance.

My new goal is too maintain a weight just below 200lbs (199.8 or lower).
To help keep on track, I would like to recruit 14 volunteers that will each take on one month, where they will take an item I put up for risk should I go over 199.8 pounds. I will be weighing on the last Wednesday of each month and will post results on this thread each month. The Challenge will begin in November 2022 and will end in December 2023. The weigh ins will be on the honor system, on my scale at home. I will post pic of scale results each month. If I am going to be unavailable to weigh at home on the last Wednesday of a month, I will weigh on the second to last Wednesday of the month. Weigh in results will be recorded in post #3 of this thread.

Should I exceed 199.8 (200 or higher), the volunteer for that month will get to pick one item from the two I put at risk each month. The volunteer will have to pick up item in Wilsonville.

If you would like to volunteer, please post here in the thread that you would like to volunteer. I will respond with your assigned month. Months will be assigned to members in the order they volunteered. If I fail to get enough volunteers to cover all 14 months of the challenge I will recycle the list of volunteers that stepped up to help me stay on track. Volunteers should understand that they are helping me, even if it results in them taking an item one month. Monthly assignments will be recorded in post #2 of this thread and updated as members volunteer.

Current items at risk will be recorded in post #4 of this thread. Volunteers will have the option to receive $60 in cash if they do not want either of the items I put at risk each month. Cash pick up would need to take place in Wilsonville as well.

Last Edited:
Current items at risk:

First two items at risk for Nov 2022 weigh in will be a brick of Remington 7 1/2 small rifle primers or 500 rnds of CCI standard velocity 22lr ammo. $60 in cash is available as an option, if volunteer doesn't want either of the other items.

Last Edited:
Reserved for FAQ as necessary.

Q: What will the volunteer have to do?
A: There is no risk for volunteer. They will want to check my weigh in post on weigh in day to see if I went over 199.8 lbs or not. If I did go over then the volunteer will get to pick an item I put at risk or take $60 in cash. If I weigh under 199.8 or less the volunteer gets nothing and they are done unless they get recycled into another month for lack of volunteers.

Last Edited:
A little story about why I feel the need to do this maintenance challenge. Back in 2014 when I started dating my now wife, I did a 60lbs in 6 months weightloss challenge with my coworkers. I succeeded and got down to about 182lbs. By Sept 2021 I was up to 255lbs. Much of the weight came back in the first couple of years. I want to prevent that from occurring again.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and maintain my weight. And I am all out of bubblegum."

Thank you @Whisky Tahoe for being the first to volunteer. Check in on Nov 30th to see if I stayed under 200lbs or not. If I am 200lbs or more you can pick the primers or ammo or cash to take home. If I am 199.8lbs or lighter then your duty is done and your reward will be a thank you.

I believe in you.

Last year was a tough one for me. My Urologist told me I needed to lose 12-15 lbs to help him be successful with the laprescopic prostatectomy. Because it was cancer, I decided to take a leave of absence from work to focus on my health. I lost 17 lbs between May 2021 and July 2021.

I've realized that health is the foundation for everything else. Sounds like you've come to the same conclusion.

Sign me up.

I believe in you.

Last year was a tough one for me. My Urologist told me I needed to lose 12-15 lbs to help him be successful with the laprescopic prostatectomy. Because it was cancer, I decided to take a leave of absence from work to focus on my health. I lost 17 lbs between May 2021 and July 2021.

I've realized that health is the foundation for everything else. Sounds like you've come to the same conclusion.

Sign me up.
Awesome thank you for helping me out. I put you down for Jan 2023. Check back for my weigh in on Jan 25th.

If I can get two more volunteers I will be golden, then I can recycle the list once. Current weight this morning was 179.8 so I am doing pretty good so far. I am going to be eating high carb diet through the entire month of November and maybe beyond so that could be a danger zone for me weight wise.

I felt like I was in food jail over the last year. Now that I am a free man I will be tempted by every good looking dish I come across. This maintenance challenge is like a self imposed probation period to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I can make it work with the existing volunteers but having a couple more would help even things out. Volunteers won't have to do much beyond checking in with this thread on my weigh in day.

My weight is on an upward trend. 190lbs Saturday morning, 192lbs Sunday night and 194.8lbs Monday night. I am going to eat high protein low carb until my weight is back down around 188lbs.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top