JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in Washington. If I sell a firearm in Washington to a Washington resident, do I need need to use an FFL. If not is any documentation needed? Would an FFL be a good idea to avoid any future complications? I am the original owner if that makes a difference? I understand out of state sales so we can leave that subject alone, please. Sorry for the stupid question, while I'm sure it's already been asked, I can't find it.

Last Edited:
The situation where a sale occurs between two Washington residents in Washington is technically an intrastate sale, and it's completely legal without an FFL. Personally, I like to use an FFL every time.

Sorry you're right, that would be intra-state. My friend wants to buy a rifle off me. I've known him for 20+ years, so I know he's ok. But what if said rifle is sold a few more times, then used for something naughty? Will men in ski masks drag me out of bed in ten years? Is a hand written receipt adequate defense? My preference would be not to FFL, but...

Sorry you're right, that would be intra-state. My friend wants to buy a rifle off me. I've known him for 20+ years, so I know he's ok. But what if said rifle is sold a few more times, then used for something naughty? Will men in ski masks drag me out of bed in ten years? Is a hand written receipt adequate defense? My preference would be not to FFL, but...

<broken link removed>

This will cover you in the future.

if you are that paranoid use an ffl.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top