JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To all my fellow Veterans, and all those who have gone on ahead of us, A Stiff heart felt Salute and God bless to all! Rest in eternal peace My Brothers and Sisters, I have this watch now!!!

I second that, I didn't serve. But I feel so much pride and respect for those who did.

I think the greatest injustice in this country is the complete lack of respect and ignorance this starbuck drinking, kardashian watching, fat Americans have for the people who give them and gave them the freedoms to live like disgusting disrespectful pigs they are.

If your average citizen could spend 5 mins in a tramatic scenario like a lot of our Vets lived in for months this country would be a different place.

I got really into learning about Vets and war years ago and the only knowledge I have is from books and news articles, and talking to Vets.

I spoke with a guy a few months ago who was a Vietnam Vet. He told me me a few stories, without too much detail, and his troubles coming home. You could see in his eyes that trauma lived as vivid today as it did 40 years ago.
My eyes were a little watery just seeing his emotion and what he went through by his fellow Americans.

Another thing to remember is the staggering thought that 22 Vets commit suicide each day.
22!
22 Vets a year would be devastating.

I'm glad my corporation has made some big awareness for this issue and has pledge to hire a certain number of Vets each year.

All ai can say is God bless all of you, and if your feeling any thoughts that you can't go on, please reach out to other Vets, please reach out to any one.

Joelink, what about opening up a forum category for the members who are Vets or current military?

starbuck drinking, kardashian watching, fat Americans have for the people who give them and gave them the freedoms to live like disgusting disrespectful pigs they are.

Hmmm. Might be going a bit overboard there. Starbucks? :)

Not that I'm a Starbucks drinker...

I don't think building the empire (what most vets ended up accomplishing if they are honest about it) has much to do with freedom. We were sold a pig in a poke.

I did serve, 4 years in the Marine Corps, 1968-72. But I don't have any illusions about it. At least I was never put in the position of killing a man who was defending his country from invasion and occupation; pure dumb luck, that. May be a factor in those suicides you mention.

When remembering what the vets sacrificed, it's important not to inadvertently be a prop of the same government that unnecessarily put them in harm's way.

Supporting Vets and defending them has nothing in anyway to do with supporting the govt that sent them to war.
Supporting your Vets is about supporting men and women who signed up to protect our way of life. Our freedoms. Our safety.
At that of others who were unable to defend themselves.
No matter who or why they were sent.
The soldiers and politicians may have had different wars in mind fighting the same conflict, so I support those who were brave enough to put on a uniform and do an impossible job. A job that many didn't come back from.

There's two gaurentees you can take away. Politicians will put Americans in danger to serve their agendas, and brave men and women will answer the call of their nation they love so much.

For those who served and never came back in one way or another , may you have the peace you deserve and have earned.

Everyday is like Memorial Day for me.
When I enlisted I bought a POW/MIA bracelet. I have worn it everyday since then. I hope that one day he returns home to his family.
SFC. Louis Buckley JR. 21MAY66 SVN , You are not forgotten.
Andy

For those who served and never came back in one way or another , may you have the peace you deserve and have earned.

Everyday is like Memorial Day for me.
When I enlisted I bought a POW/MIA bracelet. I have worn it everyday since then. I hope that one day he returns home to his family.
SFC. Louis Buckley JR. 21MAY66 SVN , You are not forgotten.
Andy
Andy, You and I must be distant cousins, I did the Exact same thing when I enlisted! Spfc Joseph Perez 14July67 SVN I will not remove that bracelet until he comes home!

Great Minds huh Ura-Ki ?!
In addition to serving as a reminder , my bracelet also serves as a teaching tool for my students.
It seems every year one of them will ask about it.
We have talked about serving the country , placing of someone or something above ones own needs , the value of keeping a promise , that going to war is not at all like the latest Call of Duty video game etc...
I'd like to think that SFC Buckley JR. would be okay with that...
Andy

Yup, Great minds! I like it when people ask me about my bracelet, I have an opportunity to remind them of those who didn't come home, and to share that our freedom has a cost! That Spfc Perez is not just a name on a band of metal, He was a real person with plans and hopes and dreams that never got to be, That some where in this world, there is a family who still suffers at the loss of one so young, sent to fight in a war that no one wanted!!! His legacy shouldn't be just a name on a Wall or a bracelet, or a white cross in a field with a little Flag!

Memorial+Day+Tribute2.jpg

I never served, something I do regret, but I come from a line of veterans:

My father, USN, veteran of Vietnam
My uncle, USN, veteran of Vietnam
My grandfather, USN, veteran of WWII, South Pacific
My great-grandfather, Army, veteran of WWI

and my wife's father, Army, veteran of Korea

I was brought up to deeply appreciate the sacrifices, the willingness to say yes to the call, of all of those that have served this country. My deepest respect and admiration go to all who have served.

upload_2016-5-28_13-4-11.png

It is the Veteran, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.
It is the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the Veteran, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.
It is the Veteran, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the Veteran, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote.
It is the Veteran, who salutes the Flag,
It is the Veteran, who serves under the Flag,
To be buried by the flag,
So the protester can burn the flag.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show