JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My dad used to hold a cast iron pan at arms length for as long as he could.

I started to do the same and I am noticing improvements.

Other than more range time, what are your tricks for improving your aim?

Consider joining a Bullseye group at a local gun club. We shoot .22 at 50 feet at the Medford Rifle and Pistol club. Range time IS necessary to improve. No shortcuts that I know of.

correctionchartright.jpg

There are 4 basic fundamentals of firing 1) cheek to stock weld 2)breathing 3) sight picture 4) trigger squeeze
Put a snap cap in the chamber and balance a penny on the barrel toward the muzzle end, you`d be surprised how hard it is to keep it there,practice until you can.. I trained many a soldier this way and they always improved..

Ken, U.S. Army Retired

The holding weight works to improve stamina - I tied a weight to the end of the gun and improved physical strength.
ALso made a small target for inside my house ( Simulate the distance you wanted) and would concentrate on my breathing and trigger squeeze.

Going to the range was much more productive

for a handgun i like a heavier gun and that alone seems to keep me steady,too light and your movement is exagerated.
for a rifle i use my non-trigger hand to wrap in the sling and pull it towards me and it makes a huge difference.
other than that for my ar10 it is heavy so i practice makeing quick target aquisition and getting the shot off before i become shakey.

Rifle;

Have the sling set so the gun will stay in position without my trigger hand touching the weapon at all.

Pistol;

Fire at the end of an exhale, never more than five heartbeats after I bring the weapon sights on target.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews