JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My dad used to hold a cast iron pan at arms length for as long as he could.

I started to do the same and I am noticing improvements.

Other than more range time, what are your tricks for improving your aim?

Consider joining a Bullseye group at a local gun club. We shoot .22 at 50 feet at the Medford Rifle and Pistol club. Range time IS necessary to improve. No shortcuts that I know of.

correctionchartright.jpg

There are 4 basic fundamentals of firing 1) cheek to stock weld 2)breathing 3) sight picture 4) trigger squeeze
Put a snap cap in the chamber and balance a penny on the barrel toward the muzzle end, you`d be surprised how hard it is to keep it there,practice until you can.. I trained many a soldier this way and they always improved..

Ken, U.S. Army Retired

The holding weight works to improve stamina - I tied a weight to the end of the gun and improved physical strength.
ALso made a small target for inside my house ( Simulate the distance you wanted) and would concentrate on my breathing and trigger squeeze.

Going to the range was much more productive

for a handgun i like a heavier gun and that alone seems to keep me steady,too light and your movement is exagerated.
for a rifle i use my non-trigger hand to wrap in the sling and pull it towards me and it makes a huge difference.
other than that for my ar10 it is heavy so i practice makeing quick target aquisition and getting the shot off before i become shakey.

Rifle;

Have the sling set so the gun will stay in position without my trigger hand touching the weapon at all.

Pistol;

Fire at the end of an exhale, never more than five heartbeats after I bring the weapon sights on target.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top