JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Some things to consider if this were only gang related:

#1 Hardesty would not put her name on on this. She was the one responsible for dismantling the gun violence task force cuz she said it was racist, targeting gangs. So if it was anti-gang only she would be on the other side of this PR campaign. She has often claimed cops are responsible for the damage from the rioters f.e. (and yes this is an insane assertion!)

#2 wa and ca influence is overtly stated. If it were just gangs why would they bother to mention other state's influence? Please note that governor brown and wheeler both used the "groups from other areas" language in their PR releases right before proud boys protests, so this is 100% consistent with both their language and timing (before a right-wing event) that they used in the past.

#3 if it were just gangs would they even bother with this PR effort?

#4 the city council and d$.*less wheeler would not do this PR campaign unless there was an incentive for them (including future scrutiny of them perhaps), or their political ambitions/cause.

So, IMO, if we can accurately answer/guess "what is the incentive for wheeler and the city council to do this?" then that is a good clue to what the "intelligence" refers to. My hunch is that this is a right wing vs. left wing thing. I think only the threat of right-wing violence would get their attention. Or perhaps if they are literally expecting a bloodbath from antifa, then that might be enough incentive to do this PR campaign.

the right wing vs left wing hunch might be biased due to the recent @RVTECH "civil war" thread. But to me this "intelligence" just smells of a right-wing group seeking retaliation for the Joe Hall videos. But that is 100% just a guess. We do know that FBI has stated they are monitoring right wing groups fwiw.

Last Edited:
Huh!
I thought Turd Wheeler didn't want feds in Portland. I thought he felt they only made things worse. Much like his support of the "protestors" What sane mayor goes out and joins the mob that is trashing his city? It's insanity! Then he's all shocked and horrified when they came after him at his home.
Wheeler is an empty polo shirt. He is not a leader, he is not courageous and he lacks the will and mental capacity to run a hot dog stand, let alone a major city. He makes decisions based on his feelings and whatever the loudest person or mob shrieks, not on hard realities and on top of that, he is poorly groomed.

I will respectfully disagree with @The Heretic.

They aren't crazy like a fox, I think they're just crazy, period.

Do not underestimate the opposition

It is wiser and safer to assume they know exactly what they are doing. Worst case you are better prepared for the outcomes.

Many often make the mistake of assuming that the intentions of politicians and bureaucrats are altruistic - in general, they are not. They seek power and control.

Nope - crazy like a fox. Imagine if you will, that you wanted this to happen. How would you go about this in a manner that would result in violence that you could use to then enact gun control laws without it being obvious?

This is the opposite of Hanlon's Razor ("never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"); i.e., make it seem it is incompetence and therefore unintended, when the opposite is true.
Never attribute anything to stupidity or incompetence after 3 occurrences. Then it is clearly intentional malfeasance, either for avarice, malice, or fear.

There are no Conspiracies. Once you have eliminated chance, you are left with an operational plan. Motive TBD.

My feeling is, if there was an actual and for really real, specific, known, "imminent threat", one that they didn't want to use to their own benefit and enrichment...they wouldn't be announcing their intentions well in advance.
They'd announce the successful suppression of it afterwards.

They want to APPEAR to be doing something, without ACTUALLY doing anything... other than generating fear in the population.

Sounds more like somebody is warning their allies that they should re-schedule the mostly peaceful "Free Shopping Party and Bonfire Weekend", for another more favorable time. When there are fewer Feds, and more fawning Media around!

Last Edited:
Antifa already targeted a Trump supporter during a march, found him isolated / helped isolate him and then one of them shot and killed him. The other ones involved were accessories to that, even if they were never caught and charged.

The blame additionally falls on the leftist local government / politicians who allowed this to ratchet up month after month for more than a year instead of stomping it into oblivion from day 1.

I paid my LAST EVER Portland Arts tax this year.

That means that I'm now nothing more than an observer and occasional commenter of Portland's failure.

Nevertheless, the hate and contempt l have for these people keeps me warm through the cold EO winters.

I'm pretty happy about that.
They keep sending me letters every year asking for money, although I only lived in PDX for the first year of the tax. They know where to mail the letter, but can't seem to figure out I don't owe the tax if I don't live in the city. I wonder how much money they have wasted trying to collect.

Huh!
I thought Turd Wheeler didn't want feds in Portland. I thought he felt they only made things worse. Much like his support of the "protestors" What sane mayor goes out and joins the mob that is trashing his city? It's insanity! Then he's all shocked and horrified when they came after him at his home.
Wheeler is an empty polo shirt. He is not a leader, he is not courageous and he lacks the will and mental capacity to run a hot dog stand, let alone a major city. He makes decisions based on his feelings and whatever the loudest person or mob shrieks, not on hard realities and on top of that, he is poorly groomed.

I will respectfully disagree with @The Heretic.

They aren't crazy like a fox, I think they're just crazy, period.
He didn't want Trump's feds in Portland.

I don't doubt that any of them would be more than happy to exploit the situation they made. But if there is a grand plan, l don't think any of these useful idiots are the shot-callers. I think there's someone blowing in their ears and pulling their strings... in that context, their otherwise appalling density is an attribute. If any of em start freestyling too much, go a little too far off the reservation, their strings will be abruptly cut.

Same reason you don't want to have a dog that's TOO smart. You don't really want them thinking too much about what you're telling them to do.

blowing in their ear has been replaced with sniffing their hair

Bloomberg's idea of a solution: Flooding minority neighborhoods with law enforcement.

"People say, 'Oh my God, you are arresting kids for marijuana who are all minorities.' Yes, that's true. Why? Because we put all the cops in the minority neighborhoods. Yes, that's true. Why'd we do it? Because that's where all the crime is. And the way you should get the guns out of the kids' hands is throw them against the wall and frisk them," Bloomberg says.

Some things to consider if this were only gang related:

#1 Hardesty would not put her name on on this. She was the one responsible for dismantling the gun violence task force cuz she said it was racist, targeting gangs. So if it was anti-gang only she would be on the other side of this PR campaign. She has often claimed cops are responsible for the damage from the rioters f.e. (and yes this is an insane assertion!)

#2 wa and ca influence is overtly stated. If it were just gangs why would they bother to mention other state's influence? Please note that governor brown and wheeler both used the "groups from other areas" language in their PR releases right before proud boys protests, so this is 100% consistent with both their language and timing (before a right-wing event) that they used in the past.

#3 if it were just gangs would they even bother with this PR effort?

#4 the city council and d$.*less wheeler would not do this PR campaign unless there was an incentive for them (including future scrutiny of them perhaps), or their political ambitions/cause.

So, IMO, if we can accurately answer/guess "what is the incentive for wheeler and the city council to do this?" then that is a good clue to what the "intelligence" refers to. My hunch is that this is a right wing vs. left wing thing. I think only the threat of right-wing violence would get their attention. Or perhaps if they are literally expecting a bloodbath from antifa, then that might be enough incentive to do this PR campaign.

the right wing vs left wing hunch might be biased due to the recent @RVTECH "civil war" thread. But to me this "intelligence" just smells of a right-wing group seeking retaliation for the Joe Hall videos. But that is 100% just a guess. We do know that FBI has stated they are monitoring right wing groups fwiw.
What Right wing group is fighting for Portland at this point? I don't have any connections to any group, I just can't see any fighting for a city that doesn't want them. Like Barbara Billings said in Airplane, Chump don't want da help, chump don't get da help.

What Right wing group is fighting for Portland at this point? I don't have any connections to any group, I just can't see any fighting for a city that doesn't want them. Like Barbara Billings said in Airplane, Chump don't want da help, chump don't get da help.
I don't think fighting "for" Portland at all. Probably more a reaction to the video where they saw "protestors" with guns beating up on a guy and none of them arrested. And Portland is the place where that stuff is going on.

Again that's just a guess at who the city is referring to as the imminent threat. A further guess would be the "fbi on the streets" will be in or around protest marches or similar. Again 100% speculation and could be totally off base.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads